New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A certain acquaintance of mine works for a certain shipping company unloading cargo planes at the airport. A few weeks back a box fell out of a container, broke and spilled .223 rounds all over the tarmac. They were loosely packed and undeclared. This is just a friendly warning that shipping ammo privately and undeclared can earn you a fine of $3000 for every day the shipment is in transit and a trip to federal prison.

· Registered
1,145 Posts
a friendly warning from who? and besides i think most of us here are smart enough to make sure we play by the rules when we ship whatever. i have a friendly warning, dont cheat on your taxes....

· Registered
14,520 Posts
Friendly heads up are always considerate even if no one here breaks the illegal laws.

· Registered
1,640 Posts
True, legally shipping ammo is easy (though not cheap), I appreciate the heads-up, I never take the chance personally, in the past I knew those who did. Anyway that guy's ammo shipment suddenly became very expensive.

· Registered
232 Posts
Its super easy to ship ammo. Secure it in a strong box, slap a ORMD sticker on the side, drop off at UPS. It does not get any easier
It's literally that easy.. As long as you ship fedex or UPS ground only, put a "ORM-D" in marker or something bold and dark (or a sticker) on all six sides. USPS is no go on ammo.

The OPs story about the fine and jail time is because ammo is 100% not allowed on air planes through any carrier. So it is the shippers fault and he will be the one punished not the receiver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.