New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went shooting today. Started out just fine. Went to a club that a friend belongs to. Started out on the Tactical Range, handguns only. Set up targets then set up all my guns, mags and ammo on table. Had a great time shooting, went through about 250 rounds before heading over to the plinking range to shoot rifles. Set up targets and started with the 22's. Next came the 308. As soon as we starting shooting, an old timer came up and started complaining about how loud they were. He was trying to enjoy his afternoon with his 22. We went down range and set up some cans, water bottles and other little trinkets to shoot at. He bitched and complained about that also.(We are allowed to shoot those things). Kept asking why we could not just shoot at paper. Ask what we had to prove by being able to hit such small targets. Kept asking how we could afford to shoot so many "large caliber" rounds. Kept telling us it was a waste of time and money to shoot that much. Then he started bitching that he has never seen us in the evening for range and grounds improvement. The entire time we were shooting, kept interrupting with comments and complaints. Ended up cutting shooting time down and just left. Sorry, just a bit irritating.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
I would have told him to mind his own damn business and then fired off whatever shots i originally planned to.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sounds to me like a guy who isn't gettin' any at home!! You should have offered to let him send a couple rounds down range with the .308! He likely would have refused, but it might have shut him up! Did he have hearing protection?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Same thing happens to me almost every time I go to a certain range in CNY. Had a comment said once, "What are you doing training to be a sniper?" I said, no, but what if I was, so what?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You never see me at range cleanup because I don't like being around people like you. xD

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
My club has a bunch of old farts too. They hate the rifle and pistol guys who pay $90.00a year to shoot at dirt piles. They are trap and skeet guys who use birds,electric and such. Every time I go I get one or two who complain to me about the club and take all my shooting time up. I once shot CCI Quiet 22's so they wouldn't complain and then they wanted to see what suppressed gun I was shooting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Went to a range with my friend and got complaints while we were sighting in .44 and 454 hand guns on the 100 yard range. Everything from how loud they were to this is a rifle range not a handgun range. Ive never gone to another since.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I would have just kept shooting and told him to mind his own business and told him that you do not have issues with buying larger caliber ammo,besides your at a shooting range he should know darn well some guns have a bigger bang then others,that is why the make ear plugs or other types of hearing protection..To bad you did not have some real big calibers to shoot like a 300 win mag or a 45-70 or even a 950 JDJ now the 700 Nitro Express rifle is one of the highest priced ammo is $100.00 for 1 shell..

Any of these guns would have really piss this guy cause there extremely loud..

·
Registered
573 Posts
"Thank you for your input. I'll be sure to keep it in mind in the future. Now if you will please excuse me, I came here to shoot, not to chat."
I have used that line once or twice.........

If they were being dicks after that and continued to interrupt me, I didn't stop shooting, just ignored them completely.
The one guy who touched my shoulder while I was hunched over the sights to get my attention, got it. "Sir, obviously you can't understand when someone is doing their level best to politely ignore you, so let me make it perfectly clear.... Leave me the **** alone."

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Why do people bend for these butt munches? You both paid your dues, you both follow the rules. I would be nice to start and if he kept it up, ask the RO to remove him. My RO would make it so he never came back if he was harassing other members.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Throw a black powder gun in your trunk and a some powder. Just stand upwind of him and fire off a shot while he's aiming a nice cloud of smoke is hard to aim through.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
When someone complains about the noise from my AK, I like to pull out the old M44 and touch off a few rounds. The 5 foot fireball and ridiculous report from that gun usually causes them to leave. :D

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It's always fun to see what people do when two guys start shooting 2 16" AR10's one with a surefire and one with a Benny Hill rolling thunder...

:eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.