New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
That's a joke. How did Ventura manage to "prove" he was injured by this? He was a has-been well before the book came out.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just happy Chris's wife will be ok money wise. The book made $6 mil and **** heads lawyer wanted $5 mil to $15 mil.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
The guy was a sniper in the military, he wasn't an angel sent from heaven. What if he did make up the story to juice up the book?
l

·
Registered
154 Posts
What is this country coming to?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy was a sniper in the military, he wasn't an angel sent from heaven. What if he did make up the story to juice up the book?
l
It would have juiced it up better if he used Venturas name in it. I'm not going to argue about him being an angel but he did help a lot of vets with his foundation and was killed while doing just that.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Ventura testified that his income as a television personality fell sharply as job offers dried up in the wake of "American Sniper."

This is nothing more than a payday for Ventura. Going after a widow because your too lazy to GTFO and get a real job.
His job offers declined rapidly because he wasn't relevant anymore not because a seal wrote a book and claimed he decked you for saying something stupid.

"One-point-five million people have bought the book," he said. "Millions more heard Fox TV trash Jesse Ventura because of it. And the story went viral on the Internet and will be there forever."
Mountain? Meet mole hill.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ventura is a scumbag. Going after an American Hero, RIP Chris Kyle.

P.S. I hope he pissed his pants after Chris knocked him out.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The very real possibility that Kyle was lying is still too much for many to even consider.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
"Kyle used Ventura to profit unjustly."

If he made up a story about knocking out Ventura and published it, the estate deserves to lose a portion of the profits from the book. His death has nothing to do with a lawsuit that was started while he was alive. Don't worry about his wife, I'm sure she will do fine on the movie deal coming out in 2015.

I'm sure Kyle was a great sniper but I don't buy all the stories. The one about the car jacking when he got home. I call BS on that. He claimed it was true though. I think he might have been saying that to make his legend even greater and maybe sell more books or movie tickets.

What Troubles Me About the Legend of Chris Kyle | FrontBurner | D Magazine

If he did make it up he picked the wrong guy to brag about!

Glasses Vision care Beard Goggles Sunglasses

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Here's my problem with it.
The jury was instructed that Ventura had to prove that Kyle either knew or believed what he wrote was untrue, or that he harbored serious doubts about its truth.
Do you really think he proved this?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Calling a man who saved countless lives through his actions in both his civilian and military career a liar just doesn't sit well with me. I hope the publisher covers the judgement and the Kyles can move past this I also hope scruff face gets his pony tail caught in a door.
RIP Chris Kyle

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I think he was almost as good at promoting and sales as he was at shooting people. Not saying that's a bad thing but you should be honest. In no way to I believe the car jacking story. Seal or not they investigate shootings on US soil.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Here's my problem with it. Do you really think he proved this?
If Ventura was not there and the witnesses were drunk then yes.

Sorry he was there:

Kyle has said he took offense because he was at the bar for the wake of a fallen SEAL. Ventura was there with friends because he planned to attend a SEAL graduation ceremony the next day. Olson told the jury they'll hear testimony that Ventura wasn't drunk because he doesn't drink alcohol, but that many people in Kyle's group were drinking very heavily, raising questions about the reliability of their testimony.

Drunk stories are like fish stories.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
When he said the car jacking story was true he might have actually been messing with a dumb reporter. Who knows? Maybe he was sick of being asked about it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.