New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm not so sure. It seems that the Federal government is all in favor of letting non-citizens get guns... drug cartels in Mexico, muslim jihadists in Syria, non-citizens in Nebraska. It's just American citizens that they're all fired up to disarm.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the judges ruling. I need to get over the fact that I believe the constitution protects only legal us citizens. Until then non-citizens do not have the same rights or protections.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the judges ruling. I need to get over the fact that I believe the constitution protects only legal us citizens. Until then non-citizens do not have the same rights or protections.
There is common law tradition that when you grant a person legal residence, you are also granting them the protection of your laws. Remember that all the Irish and Poles and Italians et al that came here during the great imigration of the early 20th century were for a long time legal residends, and only later citizens. And after WWII the waves of Displaced Persons that came here, duly sponsored by Americans, started as legal residents, and only later became citizens. A Vietnamese or Korean etc imigrant shopkeeper has a basic human right to defend his life and liberty while being a good citzen and earning his citizenship. Nobody said illegal imigrants -- just those who followed the rules.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts