New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here dealt with this judge? I am trying to get my permit amended to unrestricted but got denied with out any reason given. I want an unrestricted so I can get a pa permit and get an armed guard job but he keeps denying me. I have had my permit for 3 years with no arrests of any kind not even as much of a parking ticket I am in the military and recieve extensive training on the proper use of all firearms.

· Registered
2,743 Posts
I have had the same experience. The first time I tried to get my restrictions removed, I had to go to a hearing where he talked to me like I was a criminal on trial, then waited a few months to get turned down. The next 2 times, I just got xeroxed form letters from the pistol permit office as the denial.

At this point, I figure he's old and looks like crap, so either he'll die soon and I'll get another judge, or I'll get the opportunity to move somewhere more favorable.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the same experience. The first time I tried to get my restrictions removed, I had to go to a hearing where he talked to me like I was a criminal on trial, then waited a few months to get turned down. The next 2 times, I just got xeroxed form letters from the pistol permit office as the denial.

At this point, I figure he's old and looks like crap, so either he'll die soon and I'll get another judge, or I'll get the opportunity to move somewhere more favorable.
I'm in the same boat I keep applying and I keep getting denied

· Registered
24 Posts
Damn, I was just thinking about writing him a letter to have my restrictions removed as well......If denied can you keep writing letters to him asking for removal of restrictions? Or do you need to wait a year before trying again? Is it just writing him a formal letter? No other paperfowrk or forms involved?

· Registered
2,743 Posts
Fill out the amendment from like you're adding a gun, but check off the 'other' box and write that you're asking for your restrictions removed. Then if you want to add a letter, and/or other supporting documentation, send it with the form. Then sit back and wait for the disappointment :wacko:.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Bivona approved my request to have restrictions lifted. You might want to try RPD's unrestricted carry training class before applying again. Into guarantees that he'll accept it but it worked for me. I also had my permit for 13 years before applying to have restrictions lofted so that may have played some part in his decision. Everybody has a different situation. Good luck its not impossible.

· Registered
23 Posts
maybe try getting a letter of recommendation for a local LEO ?? Sit down with one of the detectives and discuss your situation see if they are willing to write a note supporting your decision. I would think a letter from a LEO would go a long way with a judge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.