New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pic from this NY Daily News article.
Black stripe isn't an edit, its the shadow of the police tape created by the flash.

I find it a bit creepy myself.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
That man is NYPD ESU. I have several friends in ESU. They are some the most highly trained individuals on the planet. Just like the rescue companies of FDNY, ESU only goes to legit jobs. They serve the most high risk warrants, rescues and provide executive protection to dignataries not covered by the SS or DOS while in NYC. Things can be said about the quality of POs in NYPD, but the cream rises to the top and that is ESU.

When you need help, you call a cop. when a cop needs help they call ESU LOL.

G

·
..... Things can be said about the quality of POs in NYPD, but the cream rises to the top and that is ESU......
That being the case maybe they know something about operating the Aimpoint that I don't.

yea Jeff, the Aimpoint is on backwards.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You should see the NYPD highway leather jackets! if you think those uniforms are on the stormtrooper side. Check out NJ State Police!!!

G

·
http://www.aimpoint.com/uploads/tx_pxaaimpoint/Manual_CompM2ML2_ENG_10590-4_LoRes.pdf

I beleive that is correct for a left handed shooter on the comp M2. check page 2 mounting for LHS.

2.1.2 fig 2
Ah......No.

What is specified in the instructions by the manufacturer is to roll the sight 180-degrees in the mount to accomodate a left handed shooter. They do not instruct the user to reverse the entire sight resulting in the objective lens pointing toward the shooter's eye as it is in the picture of the elite NYPD officer.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think motorcycle police in NY have those boots.

G

·

The left handed ESU officer in this image has chosen not to roll his Aimpoint 180-degrees but the sight is mounted with the objective lens facing forward. We won't get into the topic of "Flap-Holsters".

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Ok first of all not sure why you have such a chip on your shoulder for them. second of all these are probably maintained by the armorers not by the PD officers themselves. They take them off the rack of the truck and go to work. Yes its bad for this to occur but you do not know the circumstances of this picture. he could have just taken it off the truck which has a rack of a dozen of them. Got to his position, had his picture taken. realized it was wrong and then promptly reversed it. This is the armorers fault..... Im sure that armorer had that hulking dude looking for him..... He is not elite enough to be an NYF armchair commando I guess. in NYC the press is up your A$$ before the smoke clears.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The are can only use what is issued. if NYPD says uses flap holsters, they use flap holsters. This has nothing to do with the men/women themselves. NYPD also mandates they have 12LB triggers...... Its beyond stupid, but NYPD is self insured and if the bosses say use this, they have to use it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Nope, it is on backwards.
I do not own an aimpoint so was just going by the manual and other arguments people have raised about this picture. It has been through many pd haiting armchair commando forums/threads for years it seems.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Ok first of all not sure why you have such a chip on your shoulder for them. second of all these are probably maintained by the armorers not by the PD officers themselves. They take them off the rack of the truck and go to work. Yes its bad for this to occur but you do not know the circumstances of this picture. he could have just taken it off the truck which has a rack of a dozen of them. Got to his position, had his picture taken. realized it was wrong and then promptly reversed it. This is the armorers fault..... Im sure that armorer had that hulking dude looking for him..... He is not elite enough to be an NYF armchair commando I guess. in NYC the press is up your A$$ before the smoke clears.
I have not seen anything that resembles a chip on the shoulder. It's a funny pic with a backward optic. You tried to say it was mounted for a southpaw (incorrectly). Some of the NYF "armchair commando's" have more real life experience than you think. Sorry your ESU most "highly trained person on the planet" friend had a backward optic. Don't insult others for pointing it out. A picture tells a thousand words. All of them are saying backwards in this case...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I do not own an aimpoint so was just going by the manual and other arguments people have raised about this picture. It has been through many pd haiting armchair commando forums/threads for years it seems.
I do not hate PD. Never did. I have however stated here many times that NYC has a ****ty to non existent training program for their force that is getting their rookies killed.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I never doubted anyones experience at all. How can you critisize a whole force by a picture of unknown circumstances of "SOME" of the most highly trained people on the planet as I stated. Not THE but SOME as I stated. if you doubt it, sign up and try.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts