New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a job to fill working out of Rochester.

We are a full service Architectural and Engineering firm looking to fill a commissioning engineer position.

Reports to a senior engineer or project manager. Works under close supervision of commissioning engineer, receives specific and detailed instructions for required tasks and results expected.

Credentials desired:
Bachelors of Science in Engineering in related field from an accredited university.
Engineering in Training (EIT) certification desirable.
LEED Accreditation for New Construction
Valid New York State drivers license

You would basically be a 3rd party reviewer for building renovations and new construction. Gather documentation from the owner to see what they want out of their new building. Review another engineer's design to make sure it meets the owner's expectations. Inspect the installation and test the operation of the contractor's work to make sure it satisfies the owner's needs and engineer's intent. Lots of paperwork so you have to be able to stay organized. Must have a basic understanding of HVAC installations and construction documents.

Travel is required 2-3 days per week. Typically it is non-overnight and most job sites are less than 3 hours drive from the office. A lot of work is on college campuses so there is more travel in the summer when students are on break and construction picks up.

A great candidate would have a Mechanical Engineering degree with ~2 years of experience doing HVAC design with a consultant or HVAC installation with a contractor. More details available if you are qualified and PM me. Feel free to pass this on to anyone you know who might be qualified.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Oh and it helps if the candidate has good hunting ground to bring Jeff and I out to hunt on.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that too.

And there are plenty of gun people to talk guns with around here ;)

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump, position not filled and currently interviewing for immediate start. Anyone in HVAC engineering, construction incpection, mechanical hvac contracting that needs a job?

Please pass the word on to anyone you know that may be interested. Competitive pay and relocation assistance. I have been at this company for almost 12 years, it's a great place to work.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm pretty much strictly in HVAC engineering at Carrier Syracuse. There are a couple good people at Halco in Phelps if you're able to free them from Tony Saprano (the owner.)

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is Halco? A design consultant?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Hmmm I would love to get out of the field and more into an office.... I have experience in all aspects of construction and a decent amount of hvac but no engineering degree yet :(

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm I would love to get out of the field and more into an office.... I have experience in all aspects of construction and a decent amount of hvac but no engineering degree yet :(
Currently a student?

We really need someone that can learn our process and stick around to work on these jobs for the next 2 years or so. After that the intent is to roll into a design engineering position.

During the winter I spend 90%+ of my time in the office. I might only travel 2-3 days per month. During the summer, when college is out, I spend 2-3 days per week (at most) on the road. These jobs are all at western NY SUNY campuses. Fredonia, Buffalo, Alfred, Geneseo, Brockport.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
If all goes well with my gi bill I'm hoping to get into rit this fall,

Also I'm not the type of person to not be somewhere for 2+ years.. Hell I've been with the company I work for now for. 2 years and it sucks but it's long term.. I'm just more used to being out in the field supervising and then taking my office work home..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts