New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm soliciting advice concerning my pp which i recently got in May. My wife will be a stay at home mom of our 3 young children starting next week and I have been working 2 jobs a week going on 2 months now everyday. My question is this; although I haven't taken the recommended CCW course or waited the allotted 12 months before petitioning to have my restrictions lifted in favor of full carry, could a good valid strong argument to Judge Versaci be made for my fully carry permit knowing that I get home and go in at off hours (usually at night) and will be the sole provider in a weeks' time. although I do bring lunch to work, sometimes I prefer to change it up a bit and go out and grab a bite to eat and that could be anytime after midnight when the potential for a hostile/threatening situation may arise. Any sound and prudent advice is what I am asking for, and would greatly appreciate any wisdom the more seasoned folks in here could offer. Thanks.

· Registered
364 Posts
Also remember, the administrative restrictions are just that...Administrative. They can not be enforce by an LEO. I say it's better to beg for forgiveness then to ask permission. Or if you prefer, better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Schenectady Co has a program set up for those who want to obtain a CCW. In the past it was similar to other counties. Some got it and some were restricted. Set back and wait the 12 months then sign up for the CCW program and if all works out and you pass it then you should be good to go. Strong advice for you is to practice practice practice before attempting the CCW program. It's pretty rigid but fair. I commend the county for establishing this type of program and offering it to it's residents unlike other counties that it's permit holders are at the mercy of the judge. Judge Varsaci has been a great asset in my opinion to the permit holders in this county.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be careful.......even though we all know the reasons behind wanting to carry, somehow when it spells out self-defense being the main reason.....it seems it gets looked at in a different light.
Oh I'm well aware about how I phrase things with respect to getting restrictions lifted, I know NYS frowns on self defense

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Schenectady Co has a program set up for those who want to obtain a CCW. In the past it was similar to other counties. Some got it and some were restricted. Set back and wait the 12 months then sign up for the CCW program and if all works out and you pass it then you should be good to go. Strong advice for you is to practice practice practice before attempting the CCW program. It's pretty rigid but fair. I commend the county for establishing this type of program and offering it to it's residents unlike other counties that it's permit holders are at the mercy of the judge. Judge Varsaci has been a great asset in my opinion to the permit holders in this county.
I've got 9 more months to go and I think Versaci is one hell of a judge. The only reason I'm contemplating this action is because I get off around 3-4am most nights and I just don't want to be an easy target for someone when I'm getting off shift. Good point you raise about practicing. I just got voted into a pistol club and have started to practice and simulate teh CCW's course syllabus, far from easy lemme tell you, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.