New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a couple members here. It took me 8 months total to get my permit, another member just got his only took ten months.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dropped mine off in June.. hopefully its not a year backlogged other wise i am calling my congress women again to complain for me...

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
jeff has a 1 year backlog.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its insane that their is a year back log when other counties can make the 6 months or less! Their must be something that can be done. Its not like we do not pay to have the permits.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Its insane that their is a year back log when other counties can make the 6 months or less! Their must be something that can be done. Its not like we do not pay to have the permits.
the office is using the backlog to justify hiring more people.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still does not make sense. The clerks office just handles the paperwork at the front desk. The finger prints, criminal check, interview, character references are handled by a detective. The only backlog i can understand is the State Mental Health Records where they have only 1 person working for all of NY state. They have actually been using that line for a few years now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i got a call last week from the detective that is doing my permit. Going to see him tomorrow for interview, finger prints. will post when i get out. The county has had my paper work since last week in may...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The detective was nice, he said he should be caught up with the permits before the end of the year. They normally would get up to 80 applications in at a time and now its down to like 30-40. Big thing was NY state. When they would hold the mental health checks till they had 20-30 at a time before they would send them back to the county office.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts