New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys,

So i picked up my pistol permit paperwork on April 2nd.. Sent out all reference forms with in a week. Finally got back yesterday all of my references.

So today, i went to the county Clerk office and paid 47 dollars for the initial application fee. Missed a page of the application and they were very friendly to help me fill it out. The Ladies at the desk were Great! helped with questions and were extremely pleasant to work with!

Reason for application i said ALL Legal Purposes. checked Concealed carry

What are my odds for getting it?

So what i am missing, since i am military i need a memo signed by my commander as a reference also. should not be to hard to get since my commander was also trying to get a NY pistol permit as well.

In about 2 months i should get a call asking to go in and get finger printed, interview and i believe more paper work?....

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
The letter from you commander should say something about your vast military firearms training including the M9 pistol. You should get it in about 8 months after you turn in all your paperwork.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, the ladies at the front desk stated it would be about 2 months or so cause they have to send the paper work to NY State mental records.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They are running upto a year or more back log. Took me 8months to get it. You will most likely get full carry.
Good luck and don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.. It took my brother and his wife, 7 and 6 months for Westchester county. when i went back in today to hand the reference letter from my commander the stack of applications was probably 100 pages deep.. and that was them just sitting at the front desk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had my interview, photo & prints yesterday, and returned my signed reference statements this morning to the detective. Now off to the judge....

·
Registered
18 Posts
9 months, 1 day since I originally dropped off application. 2 weeks today since interview, prints, etc. I assume it's in the judge's hands by now......as the song goes, "the waiting is the hardest part".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts