New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't shooting or hunting related but it will be a great time and I figured some might like to check it out.

Mark you calenders, spread the word, and come out to enjoy a day at the beach with good people and cool Jeeps! PLEASE pre-register before the show. This is in Beautiful Sylvan Beach, NY 13157

Each registrant will receive a "goodie bag" and their vehicle number will be entered in a couple of contests like "Dirtiest Jeep", "Cleanest Jeep", "Most Lifted", "Farthest Traveled", "Crowd Favorite", etc. From there, you can display your ride any way you like. If you are propping it up on anything (log, boulder, etc), you must rope it off. From there, enjoy the beach, hang out with friends, talk to people, do the voodoo that you do.

The show will run from 9am to about 5pm. You can show up at any point in time during those hours. This will be a pre-registered event but we will allow people to register the day of the event in case they happened to be driving by, unaware of the show and want to join in.

If you are wondering "What happens if you sell 500 registrations? Where does all that money go?" Well, us folks here at cnyjeep.org take great pride in managing our own costs for the events that we coordinate and this is no different. There is a cost involved for this show, but let's face it, if we sell 500 registrations, that equates to a pretty big coin after the expenses.

We are a giving family of Jeep enthusiasts that just like to go out and have a good time, whether it is 'wheeling or running for ice cream. Having said that, ANY profits from this event will be donated to The Golisano Children's Hospital in Syracuse, NY. This event will be advertised as a not for profit, charitable event. Let's show the Community how to throw a party and donate to a great cause all at the same time.

We will be bringing an RTI ramp and showing off how well we can flex. From stock to the biggest and baddest, we will flex them all. I would like to have a recovery demonstration though we will be on flat ground. It would be more about what to do and what not to do than an actual extraction. Local favorites Smitty's Repair & Restoration and Dynamic Sound and Security will be sponsoring the event as well as a couple other National brands that have come on board, showing their support. Mike(Smitty's Repair and Restoration) and Mike (Dynamic Sound and Security) will be showcasing new products, information, giving deals on installations and promoting the club. Please feel free to contact me via PM if you have someone that would like to sponsor or be a vendor for this event. We have a few on board already, but the more, the merrier.
$10.00 Pre-register

$12.00 at the door(Limited amount)

Send $10 cash, check or money order for Pre-registration to:

Michael T. Smith
2800 State Rte. 49
West Monroe, NY 13167

· Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
This is the same date as the Tappet Twirler Annual Car Show up in Lee. Hope this doesn't diminish your event. The Twirler show is a BIG show although there aren't a big number of Jeeps there. I'd bring our Jeep out but we will be at Tappet Twirler. Good luck and hope you make lots of money for the charity.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
OK I'll post it.

Car Acronyms

There. Now All brands can have their own special acronym so no one is left out.

· Registered
522 Posts
hmmmm this or tappet... tough choice. never been to tappet....

· Registered
274 Posts
OK I'll post it.

Car Acronyms

There. Now All brands can have their own special acronym so no one is left out.
Ah, but my favorite Jeep acronym isn't there (this from the owner of a 90 XJ that was forever costing him money):
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

· Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
Congrats on the turnout. Glad to here it was a success. Tappet only had about 100 cars from what I am told, everyone was scared of the weather report predicting hail. Can't blame the show car guys for not coming out with that threat.

· Registered
725 Posts
Is anyone interested in a project CJ-7 I started it years ago but then we bought the B&B so I haven't had time to work on it. It's a custom frame 4" lift FORD 5.0 HO engine Dana 44 front and rear with 4:10's and 4 wheel discs. Lots of other stuff but those are the hi lites. If there is any interest shoot me a PM This is just a spur of the moment post been torn as to what I want to do with it. It would be a great project for my son and I but he's only 2 right now.

· Registered
725 Posts
It all kinda depends on what the soon to be EX wife ends up doing. I would love to keep it for my little guy. Will hopefully have a plan by the fall.

Do you know why divorces are so expensive?

They're worth it :p

· Registered
449 Posts
It all kinda depends on what the soon to be EX wife ends up doing. I would love to keep it for my little guy. Will hopefully have a plan by the fall.

Do you know why divorces are so expensive?

They're worth it :p
Trust me, if you can, keep it and just wait till you and your little guy can wrench. I miss that chance every day, miss it even more when I look at the SRT8 thats blown apart in the garage. My case it wasnt a little guy, was a little girl though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.