New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,841 Posts
He deserves a rest, look how hard he's been working. And now that there's peace and quiet, he may as well take this opportunity. Just a reminder that we, as voters, ought to pay him the same respect come November and give him a bit more time to relax.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
More depressing to me is the likelihood he gets another 4 years.

Ready yourselves fellas, we're probably stuck with this clown for a long time to come.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More than 4 years if he gets his way. He wishes to be king.
Remember his speech when he said he wished he could pass what he wanted to , faster, and without approval of Congress? Yup.
He said unfortunately our system was set up that way. I'm sure part of his hope and change is to edit that. He DID promise to "fundamentally change" out nation and our govt system. I guess he is keeping a campaign promise after all...

· Registered
10,544 Posts
*sigh* Once again, there's PLENTY to attack Obama on as far as his policies go, why focus on the benign?

I don't care who he hangs out with in his free time.
I don't care if he uses a teleprompter.
I don't care if he doesn't wear a jacket in the oval office.
I don't care who he fist bumps.

Lets talk about NDAA, Gitmo, Syria, drone attacks, the killing of Americans without due process, HR437, the deficit, the continuing wars, the extension of the Patriot Act, the torture of Bradly Manning, the lack of the promised "transparent government," etc, Etc, ETC!

Bringing up that other crap just makes you look desperate.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
I do believe that the Mayans might have been right all along and although their calendars might have been all screwed up
they predicted a reelection of a controversial world leader that started the process of ending the world.
Obama might achieve just that if he gets another term, that I am afraid is going to be the case.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
I do believe that the Mayans might have been right all along and although their calendars might have been all screwed up
they predicted a reelection of a controversial world leader that started the process of ending the world.
Obama might achieve just that if he gets another term, that I am afraid is going to be the case.
When "our" party decided to nominate a stiff like Romney, the die was cast.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
I've posted this before, but anyone who thinks the President can magically fix all that's wrong with a Nation needs to pull their head out of their posterior end. Especially in this day and age, a President is a mascot/puppet for the Gov't at large. The House and Senate bring about much more change (good or bad) than a President ever could. Unfortunately we've had a do-nothing, know-nothing House/Senate in power for well over 8 years now. When important bills hit the floor, the Senate and House conveniently go out on vacation. The parties spend more time trying to c*ck-block each other, battling it out in pissing contests, and filling their pockets with lobbyist funds, rather than doing their jobs. It's a giant circle-jerk in Washington...

· Registered
3,406 Posts
Not entirely true Chris, a President with MOXIE and stature can make things happen.

If you've got balls, Congress gets in line.

LBJ did it, Reagan did it, these guys could move legislation.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Hey Deiter122 Bush actually took more vacation then any President in history, but like you said ChrisWNY. It doesn't really matter its all a show. A little more raw then how I would have put it,but the well spoken truth.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Most of Bushs vacations were to the Crawford ranch. Total cost ~$20mil
just one of Obamas wife's vacations cost more than that. Also Bush made time to still do work while on vacation. Obama chooses to snub Netanyahu and claim to be busy... While he meets with rappers , big booty shakers and Letterman. Bush took calls, teleconferences and invited international leaders to his ranch, to conduct business.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Most of Bushs vacations were to the Crawford ranch. Total cost ~$20mil
just one of Obamas wife's vacations cost more than that. Also Bush made time to still do work while on vacation. Obama chooses to snub Netanyahu and claim to be busy... While he meets with rappers , big booty shakers and Letterman. Bush took calls, teleconferences and invited international leaders to his ranch, to conduct business.
And reading to little kids while we were being attacked. fyi...I am NO fan of Obama, but B Jr. had an economic depression which we are still in and an attack on our soil which we went to war over(including attacking a country that had NOTHING to do with it) which we are stil in, ON HIS WATCH.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
I blame President Washington for getting us into debt over a war and the twisted tax laws that came as a result of trying to draw payment from unwilling citizenry.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.