New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read a newsletter from assemblyman scumbag Felix Ortiz . It says to curb gun violence he helped pass the safe act. Further it states that January of 2015 it bans high caps and assault weapons. I thought this deadline was already past. Has anyone else heard of this. You may be able to view the newsletter on his website

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
That's way wrong. All facets of the SAFE Act are now in effect by law. The ammo BGC is not operational yet, but it's coming.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems odd to me that jan 2015 is after the election. Possibly they plan to enforce it more at that time. It's obvious they plan that with ammo background checks and pistol permit recertification . Scumbags

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
It seems odd to me that jan 2015 is after the election. Possibly they plan to enforce it more at that time. It's obvious they plan that with ammo background checks and pistol permit recertification . Scumbags
I've been predicting ammo BGC starts running around Dec. 1. November 5th would be too obvious.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
That's way wrong. All facets of the SAFE Act are now in effect by law. The ammo BGC is not operational yet, but it's coming.
the 5 year recertification of pistol permits is also in limbo at this point, and after speaking with my county clerk a few months ago it may not happen at all. i received my permit in march of this year, it had the date it was issued only, no expiration. From what my county clerk said the state doesn't have a system in place to do it and on the local levels they don't have a system either or the money in the budget and manpower to make it happen, and if it ever does happen hundreds of thousands if not millions of permit holders will all be recertifying all at once except for those who have only received their permit within the last few years from when it begins. Complete CLUSTER&*@! i believe were the words he used to describe it.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Just read a newsletter from assemblyman scumbag Felix Ortiz . It says to curb gun violence he helped pass the safe act. Further it states that January of 2015 it bans high caps and assault weapons. I thought this deadline was already past. Has anyone else heard of this. You may be able to view the newsletter on his website
If you've ever met Felix, the first thing that strikes you is that he's as dumb as a stone boat. I doubt the people he hires to write his newsletter are any brighter.

My deepest sympathies to you for living in his district.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
At our last club meeting, the future Putnam County Clerk said that the 5 year renewal is a no-go. They haven't heard a peep from the state, there's no funding, and he cant see how it gets off the ground.

·
Registered
407 Posts
They should of started a manual system on time as the law stated on the date stated. They did not as they did not want to further piss off the masses before the election. Now if the electronic system goes on-line and they give out manual procedure system to use when the system is down or the power is off, then this means they could of done so all along. This means keeping purchase records on forms.

This whole thing is nothing more than back door gun registration. Mr Smith goes and buys .243. Therefore register one 243 gun to Mr Smith. Then he buys 12 gunge, oh he has a 12 guage also. Buy 1000 round of 5.56. You got a "MSR". See if he has one registered? Then he buys some .40 SW, see if he has a .40 SW registered? Search warrants will be issued and arrests made.

It will get worst each year.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
They should of started a manual system on time as the law stated on the date stated. They did not as they did not want to further piss off the masses before the election. Now if the electronic system goes on-line and they give out manual procedure system to use when the system is down or the power is off, then this means they could of done so all along. This means keeping purchase records on forms.

This whole thing is nothing more than back door gun registration. Mr Smith goes and buys .243. Therefore register one 243 gun to Mr Smith. Then he buys 12 gunge, oh he has a 12 guage also. Buy 1000 round of 5.56. You got a "MSR". See if he has one registered? Then he buys some .40 SW, see if he has a .40 SW registered? Search warrants will be issued and arrests made.

It will get worst each year.
That means we all ought to go ammo for weapons we don't even own , just to screw with all of the investigators ! Just think that using this type logic , the amount of rifles that use 556 , compared to MSR,s is amazing !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts