New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know Jackson Gun and ammo was raided by the ATF a few months back. As a result of the raid the ATF started checking his paperwork and found that a lot of his records were wrong, serial numbers did not match and that he was selling "illegal" guns after the Safe Act was enacted. From the records found by the ATF the NY attorney generals office was notified and an investigation into this was started. The Attorney generals office has instructed the NY state police to investigate Jackson and whom he sold the guns to. The state is contacting EVERYONE who bought an assault type rifle after January 15th 2013. The people who bought the guns ARE NOT a target of the investigation, and will not be prosecuted criminally for purchasing the guns. They are going to call you, instruct you that the gun has to be turned over to the state police to be used as evidence in the case against him. You will have to go in, fill out a deposition, and turn over your weapon. They will give you a receipt for it being taken as evidence and then tell you that at the end of the case you may or may not get your weapon back. It will not matter if it is NY compliant or not. The gun will then be taken and stored in a climate controlled facility until after the case is over. There are about 200 people affected by this. There will most likely be a class action lawsuit filed since you have no way to get back the money, since he is out of business. They have build sheets on every gun from the manufacturer and modifications to that are considered tampering with evidence. If you do not comply with it then your may be in trouble. You ask how I know this. I am one of the 200 people who had to do just this. If you did, or know anyone who has bought an ar type rifle from Jacksons, whether they pinned it or not, take appropriate actions necessary. You will hear about this soon in the media.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Wow definitely a bad situation. Good luck

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
"You will have to go in, fill out a deposition, and turn over your weapon. They will give you a receipt for it being taken as evidence and then tell you that at the end of the case you may or may not get your weapon back."

Sounds fair. BTW, nice member name.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You don't tell them you are going to strip it to the lower, you tell them that's all you have left. The rest is "gone."

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I told them what if I changed the upper after the date of purchase, sold the old upper and all I had left was the lower. I was told it would not of been good. As for the rifle being compliant I had my mag pinned and they said they are gong to put in the report I should be able to get it back since it is NY compliant. Which was then followed up remember they hold it through all appeals, and can take many years to get it back "if"
I do. I told them you will have to ship it to me in a other state.

·
Registered
809 Posts
"You will have to go in, fill out a deposition, and turn over your weapon. They will give you a receipt for it being taken as evidence and then tell you that at the end of the case you may or may not get your weapon back."

Sounds fair. BTW, nice member name.
Sounds like if your hot and have a kid your screwed or an AR from Jacksons

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
You don't tell them you are going to strip it to the lower, you tell them that's all you have left. The rest is "gone."
Or it's all there ever was... I know more than a few people that have had stripped lowers sitting around for years that have never been finished into a working rifle.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I cannot trust the words from a man with a screen name of obscenity's

plus, I'm the real milf slayer ;) I hang out at Panera on the first day of school eat my broccoli cheddar soup and then go home with a bunch of dudes wives. Y'all need to start buying top shelf whiskey by the way!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They have build sheets on every gun he sold directly from the manufacturer. Also a copy of the receipts. They know it wasn't just a lower, and lying to the police about a gun investigation is not the thing I really want to do

·
Registered
855 Posts
Depositions involve questioning. Being questioned by the NYS Attorney General/NYSP, oh yeah sounds like only good things will come of that.

NYSP: Did you sir knowingly purchase an illegal firearm, as discribed under the NYSAFE Act, from Jackson Firearm and Ammunition?

Gunowner: I was told nothing would happen to me, right?

NYSP: Answer the question sir.

Gunowner: Yes I did.

NYSP: BOOK HIM DANNO!!

Maybe he should have called Tresmond Law first, or at least have slept in a Holiday Inn.

1 - 20 of 417 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.