New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
There, see!
The M16 is more durable and has in fact outlasted the AK47 :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Why yes, they do.

Web page (in English) if you care to paruse.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The AK47 entered service in the 40s. The M16 entered service in the 60s. Id say the M16 has a few years to go before it catches up lol.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they make the saigas. I just got 2 more just in case.
Apparently they do not have enough volume to keep up and their infrastructure is huge so they need to get a lot leaner.
Hopefully they will not stop the production of the sporter rifles or AK enthusiasts will be fvck loosing a great option.
These are good news for the US manufactures. I would not be surprised we see more coming up with new designs.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Depending on how it plays out between them going under and potential new laws they could become quite the collectors piece I imagine.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The company has many businesses and many creditors. They have been with financial problems for years.
It is unclear how this affects their firearms business. One thing might be that one of this ones is going to stick and then we are going to see
shortages and prices up. If anyone has more info please let us know.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I finally get my AK and the company kicks the bucket.....extreme sad face time :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
522 Posts
looks like i should get my other saigas quick....

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
Bankruptcy doesn't mean an end to the company. Our company went through bankruptcy reorganization many years back and we survived and are thriving now. It does mean things will be pretty unsettled for the near future though and prices will probably reflect that.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand and they have been having trouble for a long time. They are a huge conglomerate that carry a lot of death weight in several business units but one always wonders if in one of these our beloved supply chain of saigas is going to be impacted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
wish I read this before I dropped the money on my Benelli M4, i could have grabbed two AK's D: lol

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Anyone know if they have halted production due to the bankruptcy? If so, expect the prices of all saiga firearms to rise. Also, this may be a temporary blip where they go bankrupt, cut the fat, and everything is right in the world again. If they close the doors for good, then its a sad day to lose a legendary firearms manufacturer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts