New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, school is no longer a class in HOW TO THINK, it's class in WHAT TO THINK.

in 20 to 40 years (two generations) this country will be disarmed, and probably speaking Chinese :bang:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
What school ?? and who the hockey puck wrote that ?? The school board should/must be petitioned. They might as well print the slaves were brought to America because they needed an education and it was better to be here than eaten by a wild animal. WTF ?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
This is where it becomes incumbent upon US to ensure our kids get the right message. Additionally, it'll be up to those in IL to ensure that the school system is somehow forced to update what's being taught in their schools...

One of the biggest problems I see is that WE (gun enthusiasts) don't even always agree on who should be allowed to own what and which qualifications may (or may not) be required to do so. Therefore, our side is splintered where theirs is firmly unified in complete elimination of this constitutional right - this alone makes it hard to fight these progressive *******s.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is the BS that Common Core is teaching our kids, and why TPTB keep pushing to institute it nationwide. It's up to US to teach our kids the truth and try our damndest to keep them from being brainwashed.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
This! This is the reason why parents need to be involved in the raising of their children. Not just because of this article. Not only when it concerns the 2A, all levels of schooling is getting out of wack. Do not allow these schools to indoctrinate your children.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If my son ever comes home with some garbage like that for school materials, I'll be taking the matter up with his teacher, the principal, the superintendent and the press. Presenting intentionally incorrect information like this to young minds is criminal.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
You can take it up with one or all the entities you cited ew, but the best odds are that all of them heartily endorse this BS and are 100% on board with it. Sad to say.
Robin

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
This is a DUPE topic ... Read the cats blurb, it's sarcastic, it says " sounds constitutional to me" and the cat has a not to convinced look on its face. Whether this is or is not in a school I don't know, but it's defiantly a criticism of the convoluted interpretation of 2A and not meant to be serious .

Regardless should be in a school, kids are not going to understand the sarcasm.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yep, school is no longer a class in HOW TO THINK, it's class in WHAT TO THINK.

in 20 to 40 years (two generations) this country will be disarmed, and probably speaking Chinese :bang:
Nope - disarmed and speaking Spanish.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
This is a DUPE topic ... Read the cats blurb, it's sarcastic, it says " sounds constitutional to me" and the cat has a not to convinced look on its face. Whether this is or is not in a school I don't know, but it's defiantly a criticism of the convoluted interpretation of 2A and not meant to be serious .

Regardless should be in a school, kids are not going to understand the sarcasm.
I believe this also happened in Utah last summer/spring...only what they had wasn't sarcasm, it was a downright rewriting of the 2nd..

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It's bad that their agenda is to water down the constitution but it wouldn't have an effect if people raise their children. I can't remember one thing the middle school teachers ever said to me but I remember most of what my dad told me

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Do you have kids? The educational content, and the environment in which the content is received has a profound impact on a child's worldview. As a parent I'm committed to raising my son, and helping him develop in all respects. However, his academic education is definitely a partnership with his teachers/school. It has to be.

It's bad that their agenda is to water down the constitution but it wouldn't have an effect if people raise their children. I can't remember one thing the middle school teachers ever said to me but I remember most of what my dad told me

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
This Middle School Workbook Gets the Second Amendment Wrong… Very Wrong

I think this guy is right, the fight for our RTKB arms will be won or lost in the schools, right now we are getting hammered
Your statement is correct ...so true. For the members that have children make the time and try to go over your children's assignments especially the subject of History. My older child 13 years old recently had a project... a biography on "JAY-Z"????...because he has been an influential person to our society and anti-violence advocate specifically mentioning that guns hurt communities in the assignment. I made my son write a bio on MLK instead and wrote a letter to the teacher. As of yet no answer from his teacher.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If you do not like what your children are being taught then off your butts and run for school board positions . Then you can control what gets taught by the teachers cause if you don't then we only have ourselves to blame . The school board only meets twice a month here so it's not like it's a full time job but it gets you to have a say in the curriculum of your children !its all up to you,do you want to get involved or do you want to complain and do nothing ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.