New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Baby boy #2 is due any time now. The estimate that Tuesday was 37 weeks (out of 40), and at the OB appointment yesterday, the doc said she wouldn't be surprised if she saw us on rounds this morning. Well, that didn't happen, but my anxiety has been through the roof since about 4:30 last night.

I need a drink!

And some sleep.

And another week or two to get some projects (for the baby) done.

WARFAB, we're in the home stretch. Ready or not!

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Which hospital are you at? A friend's wife just went into premature labor with twins (32 weeks, both babies and mom are doing fine) and my wife is at 37 weeks. Having our friend go into labor early has made it all hit home for my wife and I. I've been planning what we're going to accomplish over the next few weeks and I've realized those plans might be pointless. One day at a time I guess. This weekend will probably be a mad dash to get things done around the house. It might also be my last CMP match for a while.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yes it is!! I wish Mom and the baby and yourself the best!! Hang in there. It's all well worth it in the end. :)
With the first one, it worked out pretty nicely. We were schedule to go in for induction that night (we had to call in the afternoon to find out when to go in), and she ended up going into labor around 2am, and we left the house around 6 (she delivered at 11:45 that night....LONG day), so we were ready to go and prepared to go at that point. This time around...not so much.

Which hospital are you at? A friend's wife just went into premature labor with twins (32 weeks, both babies and mom are doing fine) and my wife is at 37 weeks. Having our friend go into labor early has made it all hit home for my wife and I. I've been planning what we're going to accomplish over the next few weeks and I've realized those plans might be pointless. One day at a time I guess. This weekend will probably be a mad dash to get things done around the house. It might also be my last CMP match for a while.
We'll be going to Strong. It's where we had our first, and it was a really great experience. The nurses and doctors are awesome there.

Yeah...better get your last hurrahs in now lol. Life will be changing here pretty soon (and for the better, but it's going to be a really BIG change). I'd offer to give you a hand getting things done, but I'm in the same boat you are!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Congrats! Best wishes to you and the family.

My boy was about two weeks late. He had a good thing going and didn't want to come out, lol. Well, it was a good thing for me too because I hadn't finished all the projects... Just finished painting the living room. Literally, took the last swipe with the brush and was coming off the ladder, and my wife tells me her water broke and its time to go to the hospital, lol. Talk about timing, ha, ha...

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats! Best wishes to you and the family.

My boy was about two weeks late. He had a good thing going and didn't want to come out, lol. Well, it was a good thing for me too because I hadn't finished all the projects... Just finished painting the living room. Literally, took the last swipe with the brush and was coming off the ladder, and my wife tells me her water broke and its time to go to the hospital, lol. Talk about timing, ha, ha...
Yeah, I don't want to cut it that close lol. I do have heat to install in the baby's room, but that just showed up in the mail today, so we'll see if it goes in before he gets here.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I hear doing the wild thing can accidentally induce labor- ha. Good luck and enjoy the ride. Both my kids were C-sections. First one- wife went 15 hours of labor before doc said his mellon was too big. Second we scheduled. Many blessings to you and your family.

tdpark

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
No need to be anxious. The baby is on its own schedule. Just stay calm and take care of your wife. Congrats.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just get some rest and enjoy the quiet while you can...
I wish! with a 15 month old, sleep is still a bit of a commodity, since he doesn't understand sleeping in on the weekends lol

I hear doing the wild thing can accidentally induce labor- ha. Good luck and enjoy the ride. Both my kids were C-sections. First one- wife went 15 hours of labor before doc said his mellon was too big. Second we scheduled. Many blessings to you and your family.

tdpark
Yeah, I've heard that about the wild thing. No luck so far! ;)

No need to be anxious. The baby is on its own schedule. Just stay calm and take care of your wife. Congrats.
I'm an engineer. I need a plan. I don't like not knowing

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats Camper! Hang in there. Been through this 3 times myself. Maybe you should treat yourself to a new pistol to ease your stress.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats Camper! Hang in there. Been through this 3 times myself. Maybe you should treat yourself to a new pistol to ease your stress.
Now that's just mean. This ****hole state won't allow mt o buy a pistol because I don't have my CCW
Oh no .... shall I draw you blue prints and give you a deadline?? Will that make it better for ya?? ;)
Why yes. Yes please. Can you send that over in a step file for me?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.