New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Are you in fact sniper Dave? Or the spotter guy? Either way that was AWESOME, did you get to talk to the Mythbusters at all?

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
He's the spotter I'd assume. I saw "Mussack" on your ear-pro.

EDIT: Awesome skills in that video, both as shooter and spotter.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
He's the spotter I'd assume. I saw "Mussack" on your ear-pro.

EDIT: Awesome skills in that video, both as shooter and spotter.
Good observational skills, I didn't notice until you pointed that out.

That is so awesome, the spotter has a huge job as well, and the fact you got to work with Mythbusters is incredible! That is more then your 15 minutes, that is a once in a lifetime opportunity CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Congrats.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is so cool Kevin, can you tell us a little about the Sniper's rifle and what kind of accuracy he get's with it, factory round's? or reloads? I noticed the barrel looks short and fat, could have been an illusion though.

Dan

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wasn't aware we had any celebrities on this site. :)

How did you even get recruited for that?!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Can I have your autograph? Or at least a "like" on this post? xD

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
That was awesome but I would rather work the episode where Kari Byron gets wet. 4:02 in vid

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is so cool Kevin, can you tell us a little about the Sniper's rifle and what kind of accuracy he get's with it, factory round's? or reloads? I noticed the barrel looks short and fat, could have been an illusion though.

Dan
Since Dave is the vice president of Military Sales for Desert Tactical Arms (DTA) he was using one of their bullpup rifles in .338LM with a full 26-inch barrel. The bullpup design can be misleading.

The ammunition was factory Blackhills 300-grain stuff.

As for how I got "recruited" for the show; it's a long story. Adam knew somebody that knew Dave who knew me. It was just dumb luck.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Kevin, how is the trigger in that bullpup? I would think it has to be pretty damn good, but it is a bullpup... :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I saw that episode when it originally aired, many kudos for getting to do something so awesome... I'm pretty sure a lot of us would love to meet those guys!

So are you guys saying that a bullpup design is a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know anything about them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The bullpup design is just a thing.
It works while being a smaller package.
An interesting feature of the DTA rifle is the 60-second caliber change.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Actually is could be easily argued that the spotter is the more important/technical of the 2 jobs. If you don't have the proper dope for the shot, you probably aren't going to make it.

Thanks for posting this Kevin. I missed the show when it was aired.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Never down play your role in the shot, because without you the shooter wouldn't of made such a great shot. Congrats on a great job spotting!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts