New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After zeroing my rifle at 50 yards I noticed that I had adjusted the rear sight very far to the left. I have a MBUIS on the rear and a flip up front sight that is part of the gas block. I was expecting to be a few clicks one way or the other but surprised to see that I ended up nearly all the way to the left. Is this an indication of a larger underlying problem, like rear sight placement, rail alignment, or perhaps the barrel wasn't torqued down correctly and isn't well aligned with the receiver or rails? Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
My buddies AR was like that. The gas block was slightly canted. This is due to over torquing of the barrel. It's really no big deal. It was still accurate with a zero of 50 at 100 yards with 2 to 3 inch groups. That was the limit of our range. With groups like that at 100 I was pretty sure it was still accurate further out.

If you are anal or OCD like I am, you can get it straightened out by a smith.

As long as you are able to get a good zero, all is good.

If you are running a red dot as a primary sighting system, it shouldn't matter. As long as the mbuis are able to line up with the dot if cowitnessed and maintain zero, you are good to go.

If you place a picatinny front mbuis on the handguard as a test, I would bet the rear mbuis would be closer to center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts