1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
So how is it that all major religions are banned from public schools, except Islam?

I'd love to see even a single instance of that being true.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Go to the global audience thingy on the left side, click and drag to scroll. Santa is at the north poll reading that site.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Wow...that linked site is full of hilarity.

Dr. Evil....why do you read such garbitch?
I concur that the site is loopy... but Pierson Publishing is pretty much the only place to get educational materials under common core. So you effectively get one POV, which judging from that book, is not very well balanced at all. I've already come in contact with similar items in my sons' 5th grade texts to which I needed to re-educate my son about the materials in question upon reviewing them.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
So how is it that all major religions are banned from public schools, except Islam?

I'd love to see even a single instance of that being true.
Certain topics are "promoted" while others are played down or given non-priority status/ignored. (Don't think about elephants.) It's Happy Holidays now, not Merry Christmas.

Sounds like something that could be pulled off by common core education. We pay local taxes and Albany tells our K-12 schools what agendas they must pursue. Priorities get pushed, other things fall to the back burner. Albany State Education Department senior leadership is appointed at the leisure of the Governor's office. Teachers should be held to high standards, not Big Brother's standards.

I would really like to see the state remove all religious holidays from the paid holiday schedule. There's nothing in the First Amendment that mandates we get a paid holiday to recognize and celebrate our religious diversity.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Certain topics are "promoted" while others are played down or given non-priority status/ignored. (Don't think about elephants.) It's Happy Holidays now, not Merry Christmas.

Sounds like something that could be pulled off by common core education. We pay local taxes and Albany tells our K-12 schools what agendas they must pursue. Priorities get pushed, other things fall to the back burner. Albany State Education Department senior leadership is appointed at the leisure of the Governor's office. Teachers should be held to high standards, not Big Brother's standards.

I would really like to see the state remove all religious holidays from the paid holiday schedule. There's nothing in the First Amendment that mandates we get a paid holiday to recognize and celebrate our religious diversity.
Which schools ban (i.e. tell students that they are forbidden to practice) religion exactly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.