New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we already saw an ISIS sign in the Ferguson protests. Now this. Whether these are legit or just some punks looking to stir things up, I'll be there will be plenty of idiot copycats that jump on the bandwagon and post similar things. Meanwhile, DHS and the feds will have all kinds of fun trying to figure out what is real and what isn't.

Photo implies ISIS threat to Chicago | CLTV

Real or fake, I fear there are plenty of politicians who will jump at the chance to further limit our rights to deal with this.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Chicago says "Really? Chicago? **** me, Mohammad.. take a number *****.. . Nah ah.. the end of the line is over there"..

HAHAH!

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
ISIS? As if they don't already have a bunch of thugs that would have no problem cutting someones head off for the camera. They walk among us
Robin

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Gun control legislation is going to be VERY hard to get passed if there are legit terrorist treats against targets in the US. If attacks begin, the public will be outraged if not allowed to protect themselves. Even a large number of Libs would turn from their cause.. Remember before 9/11, there was a lot of talk of gun control at the federal level. After 9/11 it took a couple years for the talk to return. How popular do you think "disarm a country under attack" would go over?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I do not think it would go over well at all obviously.

But the libtard politicians will "never let a crises go to waste".

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I think terrorism has lived in Chicago for years and some of them made it into Washington. Shocker.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Gun control legislation is going to be VERY hard to get passed if there are legit terrorist treats against targets in the US. If attacks begin, the public will be outraged if not allowed to protect themselves. Even a large number of Libs would turn from their cause.. Remember before 9/11, there was a lot of talk of gun control at the federal level. After 9/11 it took a couple years for the talk to return. How popular do you think "disarm a country under attack" would go over?
However! You are being logical. It is in the nature of liberals to cower and wait for big daddy govt to save them. It is in most of their disaster movies.
I always thought that al quida was overblown threat. They shot their wad on 9-11 then they became a theme to steal more liberties. Now they see an opportunity to scare their base and demand more surveillance - police power and a couple of more of our liberties under the guise of safety. Be prepared for more obtrusive searches at the airport but now they can add Football games and any other public gathering. As for me, time to put a few more mags in the car. Just in case they aren't bluffing again.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if ISIS were to try to cross the southern border, would they actually deal with the drug cartels? The Islamoextremists don't like "infidels", so the first issue would be whether or not they would compromise their twisted principles to deal with the cartels.

Fmr. Homeland Security Adviser: ‘Very, Very True’ ISIS May Have Crossed Border

I know the northern border of the US is probably easier to cross than the southern border, but if ISIS successfully attacked the US and it was traced back to a southern border crossing, I'm guessing it would suddenly become politically popular to seal the southern border in a serious way. ISIS would also most likely attack an urban population. For both of these reasons, ISIS would be bad for business for the drug cartels. Killing customers en mass and disrupting supply lines into the US seems like it would get the attention of the cartels. The mafia helped with port security during WWII. It would be an interesting turn of events if the drug cartels started putting some effort into fighting ISIS.

Random thoughts.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Lets seeee , they have information that a credible threat exists against a specific target, FBi is warning police. Yet, Nothing in the world can be done to prevent it , Is that correct?

I call bullsht. There is no way to verify a threat as real without being able to take some kind of preventive action to stop it. How is the threat verified?

Prepare your tin tin foil accordingly .I smell bullsht coming.

Probably has nothing to do with the planned airstrikes in Syria or the intentional opening of the Southern border.(that's crazy talk)

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
For operational purposes , why the fk attack Chicago when Dallas Texas and Houston is right there?? Would it matter a whole hell of lot, which city was attacked to us? Not really, we'd hate them just the same.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I think the Mexican Mafia would most definitely, screw the bestards . Take their dough, and drop a dime on them

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
ISIS in Chitown? Huh..I didnt know the Obama Family was moving back again.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
For operational purposes , why the fk attack Chicago when Dallas Texas and Houston is right there?? Would it matter a whole hell of lot, which city was attacked to us? Not really, we'd hate them just the same.
Idk I mean they can have the whole state of NJ if they wanted to start somewhere.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
ISIS? As if they don't already have a bunch of thugs that would have no problem cutting someones head off for the camera. They walk among us
Robin
I was about to say, I'd rather spend a week in Iraq or Syria than a single night in southside Chicago.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I do not think it would go over well at all obviously.

But the libtard politicians will "never create a crises just to let it go to waste".
Might as well say it correctly

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
ISIS in Chitown? Huh..I didnt know the Obama Family was moving back again.
Actually, I believe Dallas and Houston contribute a great deal and are a great asset to our nation... what has Chicago given America lately? (other than the gift of McDonald vs.)

I was about to say, I'd rather spend a week in Iraq or Syria than a single night in southside Chicago.
I got stuck in Chicago on a business trip the weekend of their marathon ten years ago and the ONLY room we could get was in that area. I used to work in Jamaica Queens back in the 90's in 50 Cents hood... and let me tell you there isn't a place in NYC I would feel less safe in than the south side of Chitown. All kidding aside me and my coworker slid the dresser in front of the door and didn't move it again until our taxi was in sight the next morning.

At least in Iraq or Syria you'd be protected by armed men

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I think you missed my point, I wasn't Talking down about either city , Just a simple matter of logistics, Dallas and Houston are only a few hours away from the Southern border Chigago isn't very far from the Northern border. Its far easier to launch an operation from Mexcio to Dallas than from Mexico to Chicago, That's all I was saying,

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh I know- I was just being snarky =)

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I hope they do go to Chicago. Probably get caught in a gang banger crossfire. Would be dealt with more effectively by the thugs than the government.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts