New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Islamic State Forces 250 Syrian Soldiers to Strip, Executes Them in the Desert

So I've seen this story reported multiple places now. I can't help but be a little surprised these guys "allowed" themselves to be lined up for execution. Especially considering they're supposedly Syrian soldiers. At a certain point everyone knows they're going to be executed. So if you're going to die either way, why not try to put up a fight? There are 250 of you that probably went through similar military training and were probably all taught the same/similar tactics.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I'm not sure what to make of all this anymore . I'm just loading as fast I can with all of the stuff I can find as this is coming here because of the policies of the administration !

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Not sure what kind of tactics being taught your referring to Warfarb. It would depend on your knowing the fate of POW's at the hands of the enemy you are engaged with. As far as I can recall, it is a personal decision. For me it was no quarter none taken. For this batch of murderous scum, If E and E wasn't an option, then I expect no quarter and go down fighting, a personal decision. I know of no formal U.S. Military doctrine referencing this specific point.
Robin

·
Registered
166 Posts
Saw this on the news last night. Obama is underestimating these guys. I hope my gut is wrong about shtf.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what kind of tactics being taught your referring to Warfarb.
A poor choice of wording on my part. I wasn't trying to say a specific tactic to deal with the situation. I guess I was trying to say a similar mindset, and perhaps a similar trust that your brother in arms has your back? Similar training experiences that might say "hey, if I do this I know my fellow soldiers will do this" kind of thing.

Whether people are familiar with what ISIS has done to other groups or not, at some point it becomes pretty obvious what's going to happen. In the video that was released a little while ago they had the prisoners lined up single file and were executing them one at a time at the edge of the river. Those guys obviously knew what was coming.

I'm not sure if it's a cultural difference or what. On 9/11 once the passengers on one of the planes knew they were going to die if they didn't do anything, they chose to act regardless of the immediate threat they were facing. Many people observed that the possibility of a "conventional" hijacking ended on 9/11, yet these mass executions of seemingly passive victims continues to occur in the middle east. Maybe it's an apples to oranges comparison, but it just struck me as a little strange.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Adding to your thought's WARFAB, I wonder if the news in the region is portraying ISIS as Islamic liberators. Maybe the Syrian solders figured what harm could befall them surrendering to Muslim freedom fighters. I guess they didn't know that ISIS doesn't believe all muslims are equal.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Saw this on the news last night. Obama is underestimating these guys. I hope my gut is wrong about shtf.
What are you talking about? Obama is on the same side as these guys.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I would think that these troops were cut off and ran out of ammo , and when surrounded , surrender may have seemed to be the only chance they had left. They would be executed anyway if they didn't comply.

That's the only way I can see myself surrendering. No chance if I don't ,small chance if I do.

I hardly think they had plenty of food water and ammo and just gave up. ( I could be wrong)

I would assume that I would be executed pretty soon so surrender isn't much of an option ,As long as I had the ability to resist I would .

I never surrendered, but they took my horse, and made him surrender, Got him pulling a plow up in Kansas I bet- Lone Watie

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Obama wants to give more "support" to the "moderate" Syrian rebels to help them fight ISIS... and the Syrian government?

Obama backs more aid to Syrian rebels, laying possible groundwork for airstrikes | Fox News

President Obama is asking Congress for approval to further arm and support moderate Syrian rebels, as a potential prelude to ordering airstrikes inside the country against Islamic State militants.
The president is expected to make the call for arming moderate Syrian opposition forces in his prime-time address to the nation Wednesday night.
I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. Does anyone truly believe we know who we're giving these arms to? Does anyone truly believe these arms will not just end up in the hands of ISIS considering they just captured and executed 250 Syrian soldiers? Do people remember the recent photos that we've seen of ISIS members using US military equipment?

Sky Flag Gesture Building City

Then to top it all off, the Obama administration would be getting the money to pay for weapons to give to "moderate Syrian rebels" from US taxpayers, whom he doesn't believe should be allowed to own the same weapons he wants to give to "moderate Syrian rebels for free.

Only in 'Merika!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.