New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what to make of this , but I figure Id pass it along Just in case. I was browsing through some News articles about ISIS and came across this on Judicial Watch.

With ISIS in El Paso, Ft. Bliss in Danger of Terrorist Attack

SEPTEMBER 04, 2014

The recent increase in security at a key Army base near a Mexican border city where Islamic terrorists are confirmed to be operating and planning an attack on the United States indicates that the facility is a target, according to senior military experts contacted by Judicial Watch.
Last week JW reported that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is working in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources confirmed to JW that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

Military Experts: With ISIS in El Paso, Ft. Bliss in Danger of Terrorist Attack - Judicial Watch

Judicial Watch: Feds' Bulletin Describes Threat of Imminent Terrorist Attack on Southern Border | National Review Online

"A review of ISIS social media messaging during the week ending August 26 shows that militants are expressing an increased interest in the notion that they could clandestinely infiltrate the southwest border of US, for terror attack," warns the Texas Department of Public Safety "situational awareness" bulletin, obtained by FoxNews.com.

The three-page bulletin, entitled "ISIS Interest on the US Southwest Border" and dated Aug. 28 was released to law enforcement on Thursday.

"Social media account holders believed to be ISIS militants and propagandists have called for unspecified border operations, or they have sought to raise awareness that illegal entry through Mexico is a viable option," states the law enforcement bulletin, which is not classified

Online posts show ISIS eyeing Mexican border, says law enforcement bulletin | Fox News

Not sure if this is just political fear mongering or the real deal.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
We need to keep that southern border open. It's for the children!

Or, we could listen to Harry Reid's claim that the border has never been more secure.

Either way, don't be a racist.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing that has me scratching my head is ,is this for real or not. If not , it represents some of the lengths that the government media will go to lie and scare people . If it turns out to be real , it shows an utter lack of competence , with levels not comparable in modern history, which could be readily engaged through the imminent attack or the preemptive strike doctrine.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I don't understand how isis can operate on our side of the border. Our people would report strange activity. This is a different culture and world for them and if attempted...will fexperience it in a painful manner

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
In NY they'd win an election.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I hope they don't invade Nevada. Those desert tortoises have had enough trouble.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
A little fear may go a long way in a place like NY where so very few people have the means with which to protect themselves. Maybe the future holds a front-row seat as to why the Second Amendment exists in the first place...

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
A little fear may go a long way in a place like NY where so very few people have the means with which to protect themselves. Maybe the future holds a front-row seat as to why the Second Amendment exists in the first place...
People who support voluntary disarmament such as we have here in unfortunately overwhelming numbers, truly boggle my mind. If we start experiencing suicide bombings or Mumbai-style attacks by small units of terrorists, maybe our foolish fellow citizens will start to wake the hell up as to why a free man needs to be armed and prepared to defend himself at all times.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Great. Instigate another ammo hoarding frenzy?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Thanks for the link.
An informative and troubling article. A few of many parts in the article that got my attention.

1.) "There is too much corruption and cowardice among those in power as well as willful violation of their oaths. By the time you root out that corruption, cowardice, and willful oath breaking within government,
these brave ranchers and their families will all be dead".

2.) "Texan in need, who is under attack by foreign enemies,
while he has been intentionally exposed to their privations by domestic enemies".

3.) "Americans come together to defend themselves and each other against the cartels because our corrupt government refuses to protect us. We need to show that America is still the land of the free, and the home of the brave".

After reading the article one of the thoughts I had is.
The progressive Democrats and the Rino's won't protect the citizens of this country.
But yet they would love to disarm us if they could.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.................FUAC !!!

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Another boogie man story to give the government more excuses to restrict your liberty.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
They won't wake up they will just call for mandatory STOP AND cavity searches.

People who support voluntary disarmament such as we have here in unfortunately overwhelming numbers, truly boggle my mind. If we start experiencing suicide bombings or Mumbai-style attacks by small units of terrorists, maybe our foolish fellow citizens will start to wake the hell up as to why a free man needs to be armed and prepared to defend himself at all times.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I don't understand how isis can operate on our side of the border. Our people would report strange activity. This is a different culture and world for them and if attempted...will fexperience it in a painful manner
Seriously? You need to travel more. Go visit a real city. NY, Boston, etc. These people fit right in.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
They'd be able to operate because they are recruiting from all over the world, including those who are here in the US with plenty of cultural experience. Home grown recruits not some cleric from the Mtns of Afghanistan.

I do agree with some of what you say. Much like Boston I think they would try there best to hit cities where ethnic diversity offers more cover.

·
Registered
899 Posts
ISIS trying to sneak over the border is like climbing through your window when the front door is open. Duh. There are plenty of domestic Muslim terrorists-in-waiting in every city in USA.

The ONLY reason ISIS would be on the Mexican side of the border is if they had something that was not available in USA.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
That's the conclusion gun owners would draw. I'm sure the anti-gunners would just push for more restrictions on individual rights. They would also try to claim the terrorists got their guns at gun shows. Naturally the NRA would be demonized. Any bombs used in the attacks would be of secondary concern.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts