New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for my new deer rifle. I have decided on 6.8 and a 16" barrel,Of course I need a welded muzzle brake. PSA has free shipping for a while longer so I can get this for $562.90 shipped. This is what I've come up with. I'm just about to pull the trigger but I wanted to see if anyone has gotten a better deal recently on new stuff.

Attachments

· Registered
1,672 Posts
UHH? You generally need the brake perm attached, do they perm attach it?

· R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,479 Posts
PSA will pin and weld the muzzle brake I believe but you have to call to order it special. Like a $20.00 fee. They do it on their 14.7' barrels to make legal so they are set up for it.

I would consider the MOE handguards for $20.00 extra. A little better to hold than the fat round type.

· Registered
61 Posts
I don't know about that chamber. I will probably look into some the other chambers from Wilson, ARP, etc.. and put it myself together.
Also a 18" or 20" barrel would provide a nice improvement to that round.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
I would buy that in a heart-beat!When i wanted a 6.8 I put in my order in at the guy that runs the 6.8 forum.Suppose to be great uppers and like a 4-6 week wait time,and after 6 weeks my order wasnt even ready to be put together yet with no date for even when it would be done.I said screw them and cancelled my order and bought a SR556 6.8 that was in stock,but way over budget.If they had these then I would/could of bought 2 of them for the price of the Ruger....

· Registered
2,913 Posts
I would buy that in a heart-beat!When i wanted a 6.8 I put in my order in at the guy that runs the 6.8 forum.Suppose to be great uppers and like a 4-6 week wait time,and after 6 weeks my order wasnt even ready to be put together yet with no date for even when it would be done.I said screw them and cancelled my order and bought a SR556 6.8 that was in stock,but way over budget.If they had these then I would/could of bought 2 of them for the price of the Ruger....
Unless you get really lucky most of your bigger manufacturers are running a 12-16 lead time......Due to the buying frenzy created by the posibility of dummy getting another 4 years in office !

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Either a long lead time or pay through the nose for what you want.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Either a long lead time or pay through the nose for what you want.
Ecactly.......The gun companies are riding very high on this wave and are making a small fortune........It will be interesting to see what happens after the election is over,if this trend carries over and if so how long......Maybe we will get lucky and the market will be flooded and they will be forced to drop prices,but I doubt it.

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I ended up adding the MOE handguard to it and ordering it yesterday. Thanks to PY-Tactical. Both times I talked to PSA on the phone, they said welding was included in the $45 upcharge for the Troy muzzle brake option. Their website says "*Please allow at least 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*". I hope it comes in a few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.