New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i started with an old 80's .22lr and a steyer m95... now 2 months later ive added a .223 saigunov, a new savage .22lr, a 16g single shot break open and a 12g mossberg pump... bought a safe and all the shooting accessories ( still need a spotting scope)

NOW im trying to decide between another ak .223 in 16in barrel or an AR-15. of course there is a savage axis bolt in .223.

I was originally going to get a saiga in .308 until i started shopping ammo.... and realised that keeping my caliber count down was less costly.

what is this horrible disease i have to hide from my wife and family...
is there a cure or am i doomed for life. i havent even bought any new fishing gear i havent even really been fishing as going to shoot is a less involved process and takes less time. ( i like to fish for 4+hrs) not easy to be gone for that long with 2 small kids.

thoughts, opinions? support groups? get another ak and keep it classic? or get the S&W mp 15 i almost bought first... i guess thats a different thread.

decisions decisions decisions...... i may need a 2nd job to support this addiction

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I might have a possible solution!.. go and shoot he heck of what you already have and stick to that !!

I know how hard it is, I am still in denial phase myself. lol

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
yeah, def. no cure. I went from having 2 guns forever about 4-5 years ago and now i have, well a lot. I find **** i havent used and sell it to buy more. I suppose this is what addicts feel like selling stuff off to get their fix

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, def. no cure. I went from having 2 guns forever about 4-5 years ago and now i have, well a lot. I find **** i havent used and sell it to buy more. I suppose this is what addicts feel like selling stuff off to get their fix
Lol ive sold quite a few things recently to feed this monster.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had to manage my disease. Now I have to sell one before I get a new one....just running out of space

·
Registered
994 Posts
Apparently you are hopelessly addicted. You need to go to a few guns shows to find out if it is terminal. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If there is a cure, you can tell me. I'll ignore it (I like this disease!). Just don't ever ever ever tell my girlfriend what it is. She's been trying to cure me for 4 years! :bang:

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
No cure. You think it's bad now, wait until you have a pistol permit. You may need to go to rehab. ;)

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
so i started with an old 80's .22lr and a steyer m95... now 2 months later ive added a .223 saigunov, a new savage .22lr, a 16g single shot break open and a 12g mossberg pump... bought a safe and all the shooting accessories ( still need a spotting scope)

NOW im trying to decide between another ak .223 in 16in barrel or an AR-15. of course there is a savage axis bolt in .223.

I was originally going to get a saiga in .308 until i started shopping ammo.... and realised that keeping my caliber count down was less costly.

what is this horrible disease i have to hide from my wife and family...
is there a cure or am i doomed for life. i havent even bought any new fishing gear i havent even really been fishing as going to shoot is a less involved process and takes less time. ( i like to fish for 4+hrs) not easy to be gone for that long with 2 small kids.

thoughts, opinions? support groups? get another ak and keep it classic? or get the S&W mp 15 i almost bought first... i guess thats a different thread.

decisions decisions decisions...... i may need a 2nd job to support this addiction
start selling old stuff

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol glad im not alone

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I think the secret is do not want just one more,cause on that look for the one more you find a few ya just gotta have!!!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
why do you want a cure?? Just accept that you have an incurable disease and roll with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts