New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been talking with a few out of state folk expanding my out of state contacts prepping for my exit from the gulag of nys. I am amazed how other free people are so well I don't know the word nonchalant I guess when it come to CCW. Why do ny folk such hard core, mr safety, super law abiding, wannabe cop people? They act like we do in regards to rifle and shotguns with their pistols. Why do we put it up on a alter? Why do we hold it as a prize? It's not, it's our god damn given right as a free people. Wth is wrong with us?

Rant over.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I suppose because the reality for the moment is that we here in NY are one minor mistake away from losing what little privilege to our 2nd Amendment right that we do have, though I do agree with your sentiment. I travel a lot around the country, usually driving. I have friends all over, most of whom are into firearms and "the lifestyle." The general attitude towards firearms is much different just a few hours away in PA (and of course beyond) than it is in NY and NJ. But in my opinion, California is FAR worse than here. My experiences in California have always been reactions of shock upon mentioning firearms at all, much less controversial topics such as big, black, scary rifles.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Been talking with a few out of state folk expanding my out of state contacts prepping for my exit from the gulag of nys. I am amazed how other free people are so well I don't know the word nonchalant I guess when it come to CCW. Why do ny folk such hard core, mr safety, super law abiding, wannabe cop people? They act like we do in regards to rifle and shotguns with their pistols. Why do we put it up on a alter? Why do we hold it as a prize? It's not, it's our god damn given right as a free people. Wth is wrong with us?

Rant over.
Simple, very much so in fact:

In NY, it IS a prize.

And it ticks me off to no end when the curve does this:

"Say, I just got my NY permit!"

"Congrats!"

"Yeah, it was a pain."

"Cool! Thinking about a first gun yet?"

"Yeah, Glock 26. I'd like something bigger, but that'd be hard to conceal."

"Yeah, if only we could open carry."

--------------------------------------------------------------Note, text below this line illustrates why NY is in this exact state of affairs.

"Open carry!? No thanks! I've seen those kooks on youtube! Just in it for the fame and to upset cops!"

"Well no, they don't see it that way..."

"Yeah right! I'd revoke every one of their permits to carry!"

"...they don't have them?"

"DAMN LAWBREAKERS! I KNEW IT! I SPENT ALL THIS TIME AND MONEY GETTING MY CCW, AND THESE LOONS GO OUT AND JUST CARRY ALL WILLY NILLY!?"

"No?"

"Whatever. I see no need. I want the element of surprise!"

"They don't feel that need?"

"Yeah, whatever, let's see one of them try to get a permit in NY! Probably couldn't pass the BGC!"

^^^^^^^^^And it's scary how often that happens, even on this forum.

When I talk to someone wanting a pistol, and I have my unrestricted CCW, the last thing I think is "Ha! Good luck buddy! I am so much of a better citizen than you, having already got my permit!" Nope, instead I think "I hate every inch of this state."

·
Registered
8,557 Posts

Rant over.
NYers are used to being told what to think and how to act. They are either used to it or like it. The reason a lot of free state people don't like NYers is because they tend to bring their politics with them when they move out of the PRNY and nobody wants that **** in their state.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I suppose because the reality for the moment is that we here in NY are one minor mistake away from losing what little privilege to our 2nd Amendment right that we do have,
Privileges? You mean rights correct?

Im not nitpicking the phrase, But we cannot use the two words so loosely.

(even though the reality is closer to the truth)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Five words later I did use the word Right. I phrased my statement that way quite purposefully. Read it again and think about it: we're privileged slightly to our right in NY. That's the reality of the moment. And yes, we need to fight to get that changed.

·
Registered
897 Posts
If you take the time and do the research you will see that this plague hobbling NY is slowly but steadily infesting every state in this country! Take for instance the recent act of reciprocity in PA. New York seems to be one of a few proving grounds, if they can pass it here they can weasel it in there by one name or another, or for just cause. Stand and fight, or run with it nipping at your heels because it's coming brothers, its coming to a state near you!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
NYers are used to being told what to think and how to act. They are either used to it or like it. The reason a lot of free state people don't like NYers is because they tend to bring their politics with them when they move out of the PRNY and nobody wants that **** in their state.
+1000 I visited the great state Texas a couple of years ago ...even though i never "brought" NY with me during my short visit everytime i socialized with the locals and mentioned i was from NY their reply was the same...

"NY? Uguhhhh...so what brings you down to my lovely state?.....ya'll have to excuse me it was nice ta meet ya"

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
FYI if you look at where other NY,ers have moved to then somehow brought their ideas with them , I can understand some of these sentiments ! Since this state is losing population faster than most other states , my question is after you moved why would you bring your problems you left with you ? It doesn't seem to register that they left high taxes , an over reaching government that caused more problems than can be fixed yet they always seem to want to infest the new place with the same problems . I called it " sharing the misery " syndrome . Just look at how the infestation has affected FLA over some of these transplants !

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
FYI if you look at where other NY,ers have moved to then somehow brought their ideas with them , I can understand some of these sentiments ! Since this state is losing population faster than most other states , my question is after you moved why would you bring your problems you left with you ? It doesn't seem to register that they left high taxes , an over reaching government that caused more problems than can be fixed yet they always seem to want to infest the new place with the same problems . I called it " sharing the misery " syndrome . Just look at how the infestation has affected FLA over some of these transplants !
Well said Sawman.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts