New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t carry. I bring my pistols & equipment to the range in an old photographers bag I had. Some bring their pistols to the range in range bags that have ‘Glock’ or ‘MidwayUSA’ or some such logo or gun image on it. Granted, they only walk from the range’s parking lot to the firing line, but I’m wondering if carrying pistols in public, in range bags with guns on them, would be concealed or not? What if it the bag doesn’t have a gun on it and just looks like a shoulder bag or a tote bag or something?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
if its in a bag its concealed

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So even if it says "Look, Offical SIG Sauer range bag for carrying SIG Sauer Pistols inside!", or visual graphic to that effect on the bag, it is concealed?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Can you see the gun?

No?

Then it's concealed.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
I would think that carrying a bag with pictures of guns on it, in public, may also be an invite for someone to think they want that bag more than you do. I don't think that'd be a good idea.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I would think that carrying a bag with pictures of guns on it, in public, may also be an invite for someone to think they want that bag more than you do. I don't think that'd be a good idea.
Yeah, that's what I think too.

Maybe a bag that says, "Danger - Thermonuclear Device" or "Caution - Biohazard Material" would forestall thoughts of someone's need to have what was inside.

But thanks for the opinion that it doesn't matter what a bag says, as long as the firearm itself can't actually be seen.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
This gives me an idea. I want my gun bag to say something like "Do not drop... Handgun inside"

I should get it embroidered :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts