New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did alot of searching and I cant find a definate answer,everyone seems to use them on pistol length.But I want to use a buffer tube with a foam cover on my rifle if its legal.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Did alot of searching and I cant find a definate answer,everyone seems to use them on pistol length.But I want to use a buffer tube with a foam cover on my rifle if its legal.
That's legal if you already own it, it meets minimum overall rifle length, and you plan to register it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
The pistol grip will be the one "feature" that would classify it as an AW.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
It's perfectly legal as long as it meets OAL requirement of 26".

With that being said why not put a collapsible stock on it. Just as short collapsed, much more comfortable and adjustable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Franklin Armory offers a product like what you're describing, the XO-26. Somewhere in between a pistol and a rifle, but legally (at least federally) it's neither rifle nor pistol. I have no idea how this would play in New York State.

Linky to the XO-26: PRODUCTS

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've messed around with AR pistols. Concerning the FA XO-26, you're losing a lot of ability to handle recoil in exchange for a shortened barrel. A 5.56 rifle recoils more than you might think when you suddenly don't have your shoulder to brace it on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's perfectly legal as long as it meets OAL requirement of 26".

With that being said why not put a collapsible stock on it. Just as short collapsed, much more comfortable and adjustable.
Wanted something that looks cool,and a spray and pray comando style gun.Hold it at waist level and let it rip so no worries about the kick.I just ordered 2 of these from midway and hope they slide over a 4 psition colapsable stock tube.

ACE Replacement Foam Overtube ACE ARFXE-ARULE Buttstock

If not I found info on plasti dipping them as well,will try that if it fails.And if the registration law isnt repealed I will be part way legal to getting one of those hammerhead stock kits.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Wanted something that looks cool,and a spray and pray comando style gun.Hold it at waist level and let it rip so no worries about the kick.I just ordered 2 of these from midway and hope they slide over a 4 psition colapsable stock tube.

ACE Replacement Foam Overtube ACE ARFXE-ARULE Buttstock

If not I found info on plasti dipping them as well,will try that if it fails.And if the registration law isnt repealed I will be part way legal to getting one of those hammerhead stock kits.
Foam won't fit over a carbine tube. Mine was super tight to get onto a rifle tube without the boss that's beneath a carbine tube.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts