New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about the nuclear talks with Iran. Seems to me like Israel keeps chirping in and suggesting we shouldn't trust Iran. OK, fine, let's not trust them. Not sure how I feel about that necessarily in the overall context of nuclear disarmament.

But if I'm Iran, and I'm negotiating some kind of disarmament settlement, I think the first thing I would require is for Isreal to commit to nuclear disarmament as well. It's pretty well known that Israel has nuclear weapons at some level, yet nobody ever seems to call them out on it.

Does anybody have any idea as to why this is? I mean, I don't even see anything in Al Jazzera where the Iranians are suggesting this as a starting point. Is my assumption that Israel has nukes unfounded? You might also think that there would be a broader conversation suggested by Iran about nuclear disarmament in the entire region (Pakistan and India as well). What am I missing?

On another note, I found it hilarious this past weekend when John Kerry rushed to Switzerland to be part of the solution, only to have the rug pulled out from under him.

·
Registered
754 Posts
If Iran wants nukes for self-defense, I'm ok with it. The biggest aggressor in the region is Israel. If, however, Iran used the weapons in an aggressive fashion, then I would give the Iranians one week to evacuate before I turn the country into glass.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If Iran wants nukes for self-defense, I'm ok with it. The biggest aggressor in the region is Israel. If, however, Iran used the weapons in an aggressive fashion, then I would give the Iranians one week to evacuate before I turn the country into glass.
Yep. When one looks at a map it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's up and why Iran would think they need nukes for defense.

http://i.imgur.com/VXQUV46.jpg

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They have been saying Iran will have a nuke in 6 months for the past 10 years.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Actually Isreal has been saying that since the early eightys.

You guys know it was the US who built thier reactors right? ooops

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Does anybody have any idea as to why this is? I mean, I don't even see anything in Al Jazzera where the Iranians are suggesting this as a starting point.
The Iranians have been saying that for years, thats why they dont respect the UN . Because its hypocritical bullsht .

There is no question in my mind that the Iranians have obtained and built all the necessary parts and percusors for a nuclear missle. But they havent actually built or tested it yet because it would/could provoke a possible nuclear attack against them

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep. When one looks at a map it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's up and why Iran would think they need nukes for defense.

http://i.imgur.com/VXQUV46.jpg
My history teacher said back in 2003 while we were invading Iraq: Look at a map. Look at Afghanistan, then look at Iraq. What's in the middle? Iran, that is why we are over in the middle east.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Has anyone not heard the threats from Iran to Israel? Iran said they would love to wipe Israel off the map. The last President was an absolute mad man. Am I missing something here or is this a country we want to have nuclear weapons capability?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The reason we don't want Iran to have nukes is because it would tilt the table of power to their advantage. I have no doubt that if the Iranians get nukes they will use them as a tool of black mail.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
With the history of Iran, the world in General does not want them to have nukes. Do some research on the Basij in the Iran Iraq war. I honestly do not see any American liking the Idea of Iran having Nukes, but by some of the responses here, I guess I am wrong. If Iran used a Nuke on someone more American troops die period.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Nah, he didn't do that, he just invaded two countries and set up occupations that have lasted for over a decade.
So you feel Iran should have Nukes if they want them? Just clarifying this?

Did we use Nuclear Weapons in these attacks or invasions? I thought the discussion was about nuclear weapons not invasion or occupation.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
So you feel Iran should have Nukes if they want them? Just clarifying this?

Did we use Nuclear Weapons in these attacks or invasions? I thought the discussion was about nuclear weapons not invasion or occupation.
What I "feel" is irrelevant. Just pointing out who the bigger danger is. With our track record, and considering we have their entire country surrounded with our bases, can you blame them for wanting a nuke?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I can see why they would want one. The World feels though if they had one they would use it. With thier radical history not my top choice for a country to get a Nuke. When you send waves of unarmed people (500K to 1 million) to the front lines with rocks and shovels to fight against tanks, AKs, and RPGs to shield your fighting forces, the value for life and your choices are definitely questioned. Most of these people were elderly and very young kids. In turn "No Nuke For You"

Israel on the other hand is probably the largest target in the region by radical Islam, rockets were fired into thier country daily, Iran stated they want to erase them from the planet. Everyone in the region thinks Israel's land is rightfully theirs. Basically they have a large target on them. I think they also serve the US as a scapegoat if something ever did happen in Iran, Israel would hit them and not the US. They have showed restraint and usually only strike back after being attacked.

Basically its it's the same situation with North Korea in the Far East, it's the leadership and unstable situation in thier country. That is why Japan and China have them and not North Korea.

I see see your point of them wanting one and what I stated is why most in the World does not want Iran or North Korea to have one.

As the OP stated it's not even a case on the Muslim Media as they know they have no ground to stand on in thier arguments for Iran to have a nuke and Israel not to.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Actually Isreal has been saying that since the early eightys.

You guys know it was the US who built thier reactors right? ooops
Iran started their nuke program in the 1950s (with our help, by the way). You'd think that they'd have figured out how to build a nuke by now. Just how incompetent are these people?

Good thing their women are hot or else I'd write off the entire country.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Has anyone not heard the threats from Iran to Israel?

Ok stop right there. Threats to Isreal? Is Isreal a state? Do they pay taxes? Do they fight in our wars? Do they give us aid? Do we have military bases in Isreal? Do they have oil? Do they have a massive economy? Can you explain to me why Isreal is worth defending and spilling American blood from farm kids in Ohio?

Iran said they would love to wipe Israel off the map.

Im sure they would, but that argument is between Iran and Isreal.

The last President was an absolute mad man.

Really? a mad man? Just what did he do to gain that title?

Am I missing something here or is this a country we want to have nuclear weapons capability?
I think your missing more than something, You are takeing what you are told from the media at face value. Im not trying to be a dick. but to honestly evaluate the situation we have to look at the facts.

the Persian empire predates the Egyptian, and Greek empires .Writeing and mathmatics were from the Persian empire . Iranians invented the game of chess, Americans invented baseball.

The point Im trying to make is that iranians are not some dumb desert nomads tending sheep, they are an intelligent and cultured people whos culture goes back to the beginning of recorded history . They are not morons or madmen.In fact they are very western ,and were pro western prior to the CIA displaceing thier ruler in the 1950s. They've had heavy British influence for hundreds of years .

The population of Isreal is about 7 milion , the population of New York city is about 12 million the size of Isreal is about the size of New Jersy without the people . The population of Iran is about 75 million Iran is about 1/4 the size of the US .

Now as a capitalist business man which market would you prefer to trade with ? which one has oil? which one has more strategic value?Which one has a bigger economy?

All this mumbo jumbo about fanatical islamists of Iran is horsesht. the fanatical muslims like Osama bin laden are saudi. 14 of 19 hijackers on 911 are saudi, the home of islam is saudi arabia, thier holy citys (Mecca) are in saudi arabia. the most fanaical muslims in the world come from saudi arabia.

But since they have huge oil deposits and the oil is traded in US dollars ONLY we let them slide.

Iran is not a threat to the US , they are a threat to Isreal. The Isreali lobby in Washington has been pushing for a war with Iran for years . Thats right, a forgien nation is influenceing your represenatives with big money. Do you know who the Russian German French and Italian lobby are here in the US? There is none. Do you know who the biggest supporter of Jewish candidates are in the US ? AIPAC , the Isreali lobby .

Dont take this the wrong way, Im not an Iranian, or muslim or anti- semetic, Im pro American, all of those cultures are welcome to live in peace and practice whatever faith they want here in the US .

But Ill be god dammed if some pizz azz country is going to come over here co-opt our political candidates and send kids from Tennasee halfway around the globe to fight people we should be friends with to start .

The ******** never hated us for our freedoms they hated us for supporting Isreal and have said so numerous times .

Syria is the key to isolateing Iran and crushing thier economy . lebbanon is the stonghold of hezzbollah (iranian back militants) there is a reason for this. The Iranians are keeping the doorway of trade open through Syria and Lebbanon. The Isrealis attemped to close one door by invadeing Lebbanon in 2009 and failed .The CIA attempted overthrow of Syria has now failed .

The iseralis have bombed Syria several times in the past year to provoke an open war with syria which means an open war with Iran since they are military allies. The syrians have not taken the bait or returned fire . The only thing that saved us from a major war in the Mideast this year was the wildcard of Russia . The Russians were mobileizeing and open troop movements were observable, they were comeing in on the side of thier allies Syria. There were reports of russian submarines off our coast .

Obamma had no other choice except an open war with Russia if he wanted to take Syria. .

The thing is , which a lot of people dont understand, because the guys running the show dont want them to understand, is that there are huge markets and Power to be won or lost on the world scene. . These are the main drivers of forgien policy not terrorists. Thats a bunch of goo for sheep .

Joey Stalin said that religion was the opiate of the people. and if you really want to understand global policys you have to study history geography overlay them against current events.

and ask the old Roman proverb of ""cui bono"" who benefits

1 - 20 of 43 Posts