Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Just wanted to post a little something about myself. I stumbled across the sight after searching for some legal information and I have to say I was very impressed with the outlook of all the members here. So I decided to sign up and here I am. I moved to NY about 8 years ago with my wife and son. We came from NJ which is where my wife and I lived since we were born. We've been married 20 yrs coming up in April. My son is 17 now and somehow has come to take possession of my mini14. But anyway, I served in the Marine Corp. from 1990 to 1994. For the first 6 months it was nothing but training in the usual schools and then a few months in Security Forces school at a Coast Gaurd base in Virginia. Pretty much all we did is room clearing, ship boarding and stuff like that. A lot of weapons training! Then I was stationed on a naval weapons station (Earle) in Fort Monmouth NJ. While there I made it to a team leader and driver of the amphibious vehicle called the "Dragoon". Also I had a top secrete security clearance. Which was no big deal at the time but makes for good conversation. After 2 years there I was stationed with 3rd battalion 8th marines at Camp Lejeune North Carolina. Have some good stories after that but I should keep this shorter than a chapter. Well I hope to talk with everyone as the days go by.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Welcome and thank you for your service!

You may be one of the few who upgraded his 2A rights by moving to New York State.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I bet you went to VA Beach on the weekends as well in security forces school?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that was more than a few years ago but I vaguely remember a few excursions! ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome! Were in NJ are you from? I am from Lacey Township, near Toms River.. I moved up here with my wife 2 years ago to Albany. I think that you will find this site very helpful. And thank you for your service!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome and thank you for your service!

You may be one of the few who upgraded his 2A rights by moving to New York State.
Ironically this is a reason that I moved up here...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! Were in NJ are you from? I am from Lacey Township, near Toms River.. I moved up here with my wife 2 years ago to Albany. I think that you will find this site very helpful. And thank you for your service!
I grew up in Sussex County out near lake Owasa and Culver Lake. I was born in Newton Hospital. After I was discharged I lived in Rockaway NJ. And worked on executive security at the Nabisco Headquarters building (Eagle Building) in East Hanover NJ. Thanks for the kind welcome.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Welcome to NYF, thank you for your service, and congratulations on the upcoming anniversary. Twenty years is a rare thing these days.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.