New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled Jury Duty (Booo) :unhappy:for a trial of an already convicted person (BOOOO):hissyfit: then before we picked a Jury after two days spent reporting, he accepted a plea deal (boo?):confused:. Guess who the judge was? Richards himself! So I got to ask a couple questions about the sportsman restriction (YAY!):cool:.

Richards said anything outdoors would be covered unless in a protected area (Such as a "couthouse" or school) When transporting to and from the activity, he would prefer that the gun is in a locked box, and I got the impression that he wasn't so much anti-gun as anti-stupid. You are able to make stops along the way with a sportsman restriction. He also admitted that there is no codified law defining the restriction.

I am kicking myself for not asking more questions, but I didn't want to keep him there away from processing pistol permits.

Admins: I was not sure where to post this as it does pertain to pistol permits, but is not strictly about the permitting process and is more about the specific 'code of law' that happens to pertain to pistol permits. Feel free to move it to the pistol permit form if you think it fits better there. :D

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
deadl said:
He also admitted that there is no codified law defining the restriction.
Ooo, don't go around saying that fact here. You'll be called an internet lawyer that doesn't know what they are taking about, by people you are trying to help.

·
Registered
709 Posts
prefer [/COLOR]that the gun is in a locked box, and I got the impression that he wasn't so much anti-gun as anti-stupid. You are able to make stops along the way with a sportsman restriction. He also admitted that there is no codified law defining the restriction.

I am kicking myself for not asking more questions, but I didn't want to keep him there away from processing pistol permits.

Admins: I was not sure where to post this as it does pertain to pistol permits, but is not strictly about the permitting process and is more about the specific 'code of law' that happens to pertain to pistol permits. Feel free to move it to the pistol permit form if you think it fits better there. :D
Of course, this discorse applies to St. Lawrence county. Other venues may disagre

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
If you told somebody from another state about asking for a judge's permission to buy a gun they'd laugh at you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts