New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never seen this modification before but thought it's pretty neat. Just got this in an email forwarded from my Dad who works in law enforncement. Here's the copied email text, it explains a little bit about how the mod works...

A friend of mine showed me an AR-15 which he modified. Any weapon can be modified, but I thought this modification was one to share for officer safety purposes. In picture one, it shows the AR-15 with a Magazine. Picture two shows the AR-15 without the magazine, or so it appears. The remaining pictures show that the modified magazine is actually located on top of the upper receiver and the modified magazine feeds the rounds through the top of the rifle. Which would make the weapon appear unloaded (with the exception of the round in the chamber) when the standard magazine is not inserted. I was also told that if you modify the standard magazine, you can insert the standard magazine as normal and it can then be used to hold and collect the spent shell casings. The modified magazine holds approximately 50 rounds and if modified, the standard magazine can hold and collect approximately 50 spent shell casings. Just something to look out for and be aware of. Take care and be safe.
Images (click for full screen image)

Modified AR-15 (1).jpg
Modified AR-15 (2).jpg
Modified AR-15 (4).jpg

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
This is actually an AR57 upper which takes the standard FN PS90 mags (either 10 or 50-rounders). The only mags legal in NY are the 10-rounders.

AR57 upper assembly

57 upper.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didn't know it was that simple of a "mod" haha. I come from the AK world so I've never seen this before. I kinda like the idea of it, don't have to worry about shells getting launched at people (like my AK did in a RPD class a few weeks ago lol), you can easily hold 50 rounds. Magazine changes are would be more of a pain though. I wonder how this would hold up in a torture test

1 - 3 of 3 Posts