New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Across a conference room table on the 35th floor of a Manhattan high rise were three agents with decades of experience investigating gunrunning and other crimes for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). One of the many questions I wanted to answer in my book The Future of the Gun is where criminals really get guns. I hoped these ATF agents could help.

So I said, "Just tell me how it really is guys, how do criminals get guns?"
Agent Charles Mulham tossed his head as he asked, "Where to begin?"

I replied, "How about with how much handguns go for on the black market?"

Agent Mulham said, "Well, a quality pistol like a Glock might go for double or triple retail. Lower-quality guns, however, are often worth only $100 or $200 more than retail."

Inside the Black Market for Guns - Forbes

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good read.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Agent Mulham said, "Well, a quality pistol like a Glock might go for double or triple retail. Lower-quality guns, however, are often worth only $100 or $200 more than retail."

Inside the Black Market for Guns - Forbes

Clearly they have it wrong, the Sullivan Act fixed all this in 1911, we do not have any crimes here in NYS with illegal handguns, they better do their research:p

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The money shot from the article ...

"Still, these findings make it clear that requiring all private sales of firearms be put through the National Instant Background Check System (NICS) wouldn't do anything to stop criminals from getting guns, as criminals are already largely getting their guns through thefts, straw purchases and other illegal means."

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem Agent John Curtis was my FFL 01 investigator.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Have a friend working the Capital Region and he told me that there getting ton of pistols being brought in from VT lateley.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Chuckie the Schumer needs to read this book as do the Brady Bunch. But then again they have no interest in facts or even truth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts