New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m not a revolver guy, but I’d have to say you made a good first purchase.
The other thing to consider in self/defense guns would be DA/SA. The first pull on the trigger is heavier and more deliberate, and subsequent pulls often much lighter. I’m in favor of decockers to lower the hammer, and return the gun to ‘double action’. Opponents of this say difference in the quality of the trigger pull between the first two shots is a problem. For me, this is as much a matter of training as using a 1911, and having to manage the trigger when you draw and transition.
My ‘in the safe under the bed gun’ is a CZ 75 SP-01 with a decocker and a light.
Edit: just realized this is NYfirearms… so I would have to downgrade from a 19 round magazine to a 10 if I still lived in the Empire State😆.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would suggest that you look for a Springfield Armory TRP Operator or if you can find a Range Officer Elite-both Model 1911s with adjustable rear sites and able to accomodate optical scopes or red dots if necessary. Accuracy is superb and for where you it should be sufficient until you need a something even more designed only for competition. Colts accuracy is not as good, especially after the Czech's bought the firm. the barrel on the SA is thicker and solid. Take your guns apart and keep them clean, so that you don't have problems-- My two cents.
How exactly do you say that Colt accuracy isn’t (as) good since the “Czechs” bought the company? CZ bought Colt about 6 months ago.😆
A company that has QC go up and down for decades has suddenly seen a huge decrease in production capability in about as much time as you need a new oil change for your car?
THAT’s just silly. Most of the reports I see are expecting things to get better at Colt.
CZ does know quite a bit about 1911s as they’ve owned Dan Wesson for more than a decade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts