New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here, I am looking to join a range that has an indoor pistol range as well as outdoor rifle. Since its -25 out right now with the wind chill; having an indoor pistol range is key for me.

I have heard some good and some so so things about genesee conservation league. Also its price is a little steep but I guess you have to pay to play.

Does any one have any recommendations or thoughts? I am on the east side of Rochester.

Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
the new range in bergen...the firing pin is opening next weekend officiall and has indoor range...NO outdoor but a place to go for now,.

then may have to find an outdoor place to shoot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I shoot at GCL. Upkeep on the indoor range is not what I'd like, but in the grand scheme I don't find it overly expensive. There's also Rochester Rifle Club with an indoor range. Not sure what their restrictions are.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Rochester rifle club- Have to shoot at 50' GCL - indoor range can shoot from 15'(i think) to 25 yards Plus to GCL
RRC- 5 rds loaded at a time GCL_ No limit other than whats legal Plus to GCL
RRC- 24 hr key access GCL not 24 hr accces Plus TO RRC
RRC is less than 1/2 of GCL,, but doesnt have outdoor ranges

I belong to both, shoot more at GCL, i have a hard time at RRC, i think maybe because of the lighting and my old eyes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I shoot at the Lyons Rod and Gun Club. It would be a bit of a haul for you but they have an indoor pistol range and just made the rifle range longer. Very cheap dues and a bunch of great people. The indoor range is 24 x 7 as well so that's a big plus,

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Firing Pin in Bergen is open Mon-Sat: 9am-9pm & Sun: 10am-6pm. 7 lanes of freedom with individual heat control...17 hmr to 50 bmg.
You can shoot from 2 feet to 75 feet. Any and all targets except exploding are allowed. We have hearing and eye protection for rent for $1/ea if you forget yours. We also sell target from 12"x12" reactive targets to large silhouette targets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts