New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
The hoodie teenager was merely trying to borrow the scooter so he could go to the store to get some skittles. The shirtless guy totally over-reacted and assaulted the innocent kid.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
It looked like at the end when the guy was leaving the man finally drew his pistol and fired. I cant see what the kid was doing but I saw more then a few chances for the man to draw his weapon and stop the threat.

I have a feeling though this thread is going to get interesting :lurk:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
:lurk::ears:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Based on previous posts by most members on this site, i'm going to conclude that just about all of us would be filling out paperwork for why we shot a kid with a 8" revolver. And of course we'd have to hear about how it is a hate crime because he's black and we are white (sans those members who are black, in which case you'd get harped on about "killing your own", and if you are of other background, you are still racist too, duh!)

Taking another life isn't ever a "win win" persay, but damn if i'm going to have a gun pointed at me and not take action

WHICH leads me to something that has always erked me -- this isn't teh first video i've seen of a guy having a gun pointed at him and then defending without a weapon -- are the criminals at that point realizing that they just brought the gun for show and really don't want to go to jail for murder (although armed anything = long sentence as well), or are there really "super men" out there who just straight up don't give a fug, and will defend themselves as much as they can?

I think I would look for an opportunity should one arise (like BG looks the other way, or is distracted), but again, dudes just rush people with guns and start whooping on them... it's amazing

·
Registered
745 Posts
What I don't get is why he didn't just let the moped go... is it worth getting shot over? If I'm forced into a self-defense situation it'll be because my life is in danger, not because someone is stealing a moped that isn't even mine. Granted, you could argue that once the gun was drawn you are IN a self-defense situation...

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Having someone threaten you with a gun pointed in you face is probably the scariest thing that can happen to you. Guy kept cool and didn't take any s**t, balls of steel in my book!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First its the moped , then its your tools, then its your car, then its something else - or you can stand your ground and put an end to it - but getting shot for a moped doesn't sound to fun either ... maybe the guy could see the kid didn't know crap about guns or something told him it was ok to charge someone with a gun (maybe that something was a 12 pack of Old Milwaukee ) ... I'm just puzzled as to why he didn't draw sooner

·
Registered
113 Posts
So they wonder why most people are racist hummmmmm maybe Sharpton & Jackson should tell the brothers to stop shooting and robbing people.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
One of the weirdest armed robberies I have seen. Was the shirtless guy (after almost being shot in the leg) trying to give the armed robber a lecture on how to start the moped so that he could have an easier time stealing it? Not sure why the shirtless guy didn't draw early (as soon as the 8" revolver surfaced). Rather, he allowed plenty of time to be shot at (in the leg, nonetheless), then got back up and approached the robber again. The shirtless guy was lucky he wasn't shot in the head or the chest - and he shot back at the worst possible time, when the robber was trying to flee the scene.

A Golden Retriever probably has a higher IQ than both of those guys combined. The Shirtless guy is lucky to be alive, and lucky that the robber couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that revolver.

Unfortunately for the shirtless guy he'll likely end up being charged. He should've drawn and shot as soon as he saw that obnoxious 8" el grande revolver.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I guess the guy didnt even get shot. He thought he was shot but only had a bruise so they think the bullet might of ricocheted of a rock.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
What I don't get is why he didn't just let the moped go... is it worth getting shot over? If I'm forced into a self-defense situation it'll be because my life is in danger, not because someone is stealing a moped that isn't even mine. Granted, you could argue that once the gun was drawn you are IN a self-defense situation...
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

·
Registered
126 Posts
One of the weirdest armed robberies I have seen. Was the shirtless guy (after almost being shot in the leg) trying to give the armed robber a lecture on how to start the moped so that he could have an easier time stealing it? Not sure why the shirtless guy didn't draw early (as soon as the 8" revolver surfaced). Rather, he allowed plenty of time to be shot at (in the leg, nonetheless), then got back up and approached the robber again. The shirtless guy was lucky he wasn't shot in the head or the chest - and he shot back at the worst possible time, when the robber was trying to flee the scene.

A Golden Retriever probably has a higher IQ than both of those guys combined. The Shirtless guy is lucky to be alive, and lucky that the robber couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that revolver.

Unfortunately for the shirtless guy he'll likely end up being charged. He should've drawn and shot as soon as he saw that obnoxious 8" el grande revolver.
That's what I was thinking. Shooting as he's fleeing can't be the best of ideas, legally speaking. You are no longer in a life-threatening situation.

But quite a backbone.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what I was thinking. Shooting as he's fleeing can't be the best of ideas, legally speaking. You are no longer in a life-threatening situation.

But quite a backbone.
Maybe the kid had turned to fire again ....

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
1 word. Dumbass.

You just about get killed trying to save a stupid moped while you're open carrying.

He's lucky the kid didn't put one in his chest and steal his gun.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I think the shirtless guy would have gotten killed if he pointed his gun at the BG, what brazen thievery, to try to steal something in front of 2 people, but I'm sure the BG had a properly registered handgun or this would be a really horrific story

1 - 17 of 17 Posts