New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Let me put this through the LIBSPIN machine:

NRA BACKS NEW LAW DUBBED "SHOOT THE COPS" LAW!

·
Registered
123 Posts
So let me get this straight. Protecting your family or yourself from the police when they are ignoring your rights is considered attacking an officer! It seems to me that the "public servants" that know just how many times the rights of citizens are trampled on, are the ones who are worried.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I interpreted it as: If they are violating your rights, they are no longer viewed as public servants, and you have the right to defend yourself as if they were Joe Nobody breaking into your house.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
It doesn't seem like a good idea to shoot anyone that approaches your property.
Because if you do for no good reason you will have to face whatever legal and moral consequences.
But if in fact someone is approaching your property with illicit purposes, whoever that might be, then of course you have to defend your
family and your property. Before it is in any paper it is natural law!
So independently if the people coming into your property are police or some lost hikers one should use prudence and common sense.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
wasn't this "everyone's allowed to have a gun" business in the beginning specifically for the ability to fight off bad authority figures?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Seems fine to me. Alternatively, any thugs can dress up like police and march into your house, and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts