New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
I thought as long as a person had a valid pistol permit they could handle a handgun even if it's not on their permit, just not transport or carry it. I'll have to look into it when I get out of work. Thanks for the heads up.
No unless you are an FFL like you going to your dealer and looking at handguns and you hold it which is legal. Also I do believe certified range instructors can let you fire the gun but only at a range. That is all I really know about it. I believe if you look in the permit section you will find a more detailed answer.

James

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
No unless you are an FFL like you going to your dealer and looking at handguns and you hold it which is legal. Also I do believe certified range instructors can let you fire the gun but only at a range. That is all I really know about it. I believe if you look in the permit section you will find a more detailed answer.

James
considering one of the highly regarded trainers on this site has this listed for their course, i doubt it's illegal.
***If a pistol is not available one may be rented in 9mm for $35/course
upon verification of valid N.Y.S. Pistol Permit.
James:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.