New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife begged me for a little money to go to an estate auction yesterday. She ended up buying a hope chest for $500, and that's when my went off on her. Another something in the bedroom for me to trip over in the middle of the night. Took four of us to bring it into the house, when I finally thought of taking all of the crap out of it. The wife then informs me that it's locked with no key. Says that the 87 year old lady's parents had blankets and some other stuff stored in it. No way I was going to carry it up two flights of narrow stairs. So had a locksmith come out today and that's when I started being nice to the wife again. Found some nice looking blankets, old photos, couple dolls and then JACKPOT!!!! Under all that we found 6 Winchester rifles, one Batavia double barrel shot gun and one single barrel shot gun. All in perfect condition. The Winchesters are 2x model 62a (one in box), 2x 30-06 (one in the box, 2x 32 specials (one in the box) all lever action. I really didn't have much time to check them out but everything else in the chest couldn't been older than 1920's. So I'm sitting here at work (should have called off) trying to find sites or people in the buffalo area that might be able to help me find more info on these. Could someone shoot me in the right direction?

Oh I need publicly apologize for being a total a$&hole to my wife. Sorry honey.

edited with pictures

iphone5853.jpg
iphone5852.jpg

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
SCORE!!!!! Shoot some pics, post partial serial #'s and I'm sure we could help you.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I post the pics from my phone or do I have to have photobucket?? Either way I'll have pics up when I get home from work. I feel like a kid at school waiting to get home and see his birthday gifts.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Can I post the pics from my phone or do I have to have photobucket?? Either way I'll have pics up when I get home from work. I feel like a kid at school waiting to get home and see his birthday gifts.
Too late! I just left your house and gave your wife a $1000 for everything!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too late! I just left your house and gave your wife a $1000 for everything!
Funny you say that, cause as soon as it was unlocked & pulled them out, my brother in laws & the locksmith started with offers, wife started to say yes. No way, they went right into the BATCAVE.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Damn that is like winning the lottery! Your wife found a small fortune! Does the lady have anymore hope chests for sale lol? I would love to see photos as well.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YOU HAVE ISSUES...............

why the hell wouldn't you take today off! LOL
I work for republic steel aka Foxconn , call in equals lay offs

Damn that is like winning the lottery! Your wife found a small fortune! Does the lady have anymore hope chests for sale lol? I would love to see photos as well.
Still trying to win the lotto.

Pics or it didnt happen!!!!
You'll have to wait just like me. Work first, then dry humping the rifles later. 2 hours left.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Work first, then dry humping the rifles later. 2 hours left.
Well, I hope you like them, cuz there goes any chance of ever selling them on here!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Work first, then dry humping the rifles later. 2 hours left.
I was gonna ask for pictures, but nevermind.

Congratulations, anyhow. I wish my wife came home with stuff like that when she goes garage saleing.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts