New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arizona Permit

Check that one off the list as well.

Now I debate FL or VT worth adding... I think I might just stop here as it covers almost anywhere I have any desire to go to :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Good luck trying to add VT. It would be a little bit of a challenge being they don't issue permits :p

I'm still waiting for my NY one.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Very cool, congrats. NH was about $100 for 4 years I think, but pretty sure you can possess a handgun there without permit as long as you're not CCW, ie good to go for target, etc. The hard one (besides NY) is MA, but who wants to go there anyway :)

Seriously, congrats man, that's awesome. I've got to get off my a$$ and start the process, lol.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Very cool, congrats. NH was about $100 for 4 years I think, but pretty sure you can possess a handgun there without permit as long as you're not CCW, ie good to go for target, etc. The hard one (besides NY) is MA, but who wants to go there anyway :)

Seriously, congrats man, that's awesome. I've got to get off my a$$ and start the process, lol.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts

I don't think Mas was a PITA but you have to take an approved NRA class by a Mass approved instructor and it is 4100 a year???? Was going to get one and hesitated and now I do not work for a Mass co. anymore so I am glad I did not waste my time.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Arizona Permit

Check that one off the list as well.

Now I debate FL or VT worth adding... I think I might just stop here as it covers almost anywhere I have any desire to go to :)
Huh? What do you mean? I just took the AZ, Fla, utah class but have not acted on sending any of them in, are you saying that the AZ is the best one to get?

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I don't think Mas was a PITA but you have to take an approved NRA class by a Mass approved instructor and it is 4100 a year???? Was going to get one and hesitated and now I do not work for a Mass co. anymore so I am glad I did not waste my time.
PITA as in I believe you need to do everything in person including annual renewals. So if you don't live nearby, they make it a hassle. May have changed though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
congrats, the one i wish i could get most is NJ but that i never happen because i think they may be worse that NY. i hate a lot of areas in NJ and would feel much better with a personal defense firearm or more than just my knife

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
4100 a year? I know they don't like guns but that is a bit much....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Huh? What do you mean? I just took the AZ, Fla, utah class but have not acted on sending any of them in, are you saying that the AZ is the best one to get?
Just saying, have Utah and Arizona now on top of NY, so any other state permit from here on in only adds one state, itself additionally. I'm covered in all but:

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Illinois, District of Columbia

California, South Carolina, Illinois, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon are all off limits without buying property in that state and/or moving there (or in Oregon's case moving to a bordering state).

New Jersey is a good way to waste money applying for a permit that they have 'available' but you aren't going to get. But if you want to buy a 'go away' notice there is a way to do so. Crummy state that smells funny anyway, so why bother.

That leaves Florida, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island that all can be gotten for price. Some of these are expensive though, CT, FL, Mass I know are all steep.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You don't need a permit for NH, they're an open carry state. Or at least last time I was there they were.

New Hampshire

Summary
New Hampshire is an open carry state and it is not uncommon. However, a permit is required in order to possess a loaded handgun in a vehicle, regardless of whether or not it is visible or concealed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts