New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use them for hunting, im considering it for my 500 but have never seen anyone else using one. Is it because they are not a very good idea

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
The best thing is to have the system fitted to your liking and not playing with the gizmos. So in any situation whenever you put your chick down you are perfectly aligned every single time. Adjustable: yes . Collapsible: why?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured collapsible because i could adjust it out during the summer when not wearing much more then a t shirt and shorten it right up during deer season when im all bundled up. Right now its awkward at best during deer season because its so long

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I put a collapsable on my 535. Took it off shortly thereafter. It raised my cheek up and therefore I could not hit a SINGLE clay bird. They make spacers because that problem was so common, but I said nah. The 535 has a nice camo pattern anyway, and the black stock made it look somewhat fugly. This fugly in fact:

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I figured collapsible because i could adjust it out during the summer when not wearing much more then a t shirt and shorten it right up during deer season when im all bundled up. Right now its awkward at best during deer season because its so long
Adjustable ok. Collapsible is too much and also can migrate my mistake. I don't find a huge difference between summer or winter when you mount that stock ok but thee solution is easy.

Summer vs. winter is easy.
A) have a wide and thing recoil pad that you can exchange.
B) have an adjustable recoild pad.
C) Wear a summer vest with a nice thick padding in the shoulder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts