New York Firearms Forum banner

I Am Thinking About Selling Some Of My Guns - Based On That - Am I Crazy?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You are.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I wouldn't say crazy, I have only offered my firearms for trade like twice, and I always get very nervous when I do, lol, I think I will probably never part with a firearm at this rate.

·
Registered
573 Posts
It all depends....
If you have something I want, and you're offering a good deal, then no, you are not crazy.
If you don't have something I want, then yes, you are crazy.

I have never sold a firearm in my life. I have bought more than a few, but I never sell them. I figure I can always pass them down to my two boys, and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If your getting a good price and plan on replacing it when times are better, your not crazy. Now if it's your only firearm, then yes your nuts lol

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Less than 50 posts = check

thread "about" selling own guns = check

= does not compute ???
Thread about CONSIDERING the sale of his guns, not about definitely selling guns, hence he is not selling anything yet just wanted some opinions before he does.....IF he does:

I Am Thinking About Selling Some Of My Guns

Not "I AM selling some of my guns."

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
let me dumb it down for you dstrukto

How to circumvent the rules

When people don't have enough posts to sell an item in the classifieds they make other posts that indicate they have a firearm for sale.
i.e.
"i am thinking of selling my gun" or "what is my gun worth"

now go look at post #4

See how it works

·
Banned
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thread about CONSIDERING the sale of his guns, not about definitely selling guns, hence he is not selling anything yet just wanted some opinions before he does.....IF he does: I
I must say that if I had one, and if this man smoked, I would give
DystruktoBoi1 a cigar. I don't understand why it seems so difficult for anyone else here to realize that I was discussing, in a light hearted manner, the possible prospect of selling guns but more so if that made me nuts, again in a light hearted manner. I am not selling anything yet, as DystruktoBoi1 pointed out.

What does any of that have to do with having 50 posts on this site? What does it have to do with trying to get around the rules of this site? NOTHING is the answer to each of those two questions. In fact, I resent the remark, made in a reply to this thread, that at least implied I was trying to circumvent the rues. If I wanted to sell them here, I would wait until I had 50 posts and then post them as up for sale. That is no big deal. I could write 50 posts in a single evening but truth be told I have almost 50 already. So why bother trying to go around the rules and get the moderators or forum members upset with me for breaking them! I could also sell them by placing them up for sale on GunBroker.com which is likely what I would do, at least for the rifles and shotgun. I am not sure I need the extra expense of having to go through an FFL on my end to ship out a pistol. Or I could sell them through Long Island Firearms forums or with notices posted at my local range. It is not hard to sell them and there are plenty of avenues open for sales.

Now, to answer this:

explanation: why do you think you are crazy?
I never said, in this post at least, that I think I am crazy? I did not even imply such. What I was getting at, was to see what others thought about selling firearms and if it makes one foolish or crazy (mind you, not clinically just tongue in cheek). You see, I have sold several guns before. Each time for various reasons. Sometimes, after the sales, I have felt really remorseful about having sold them. For example, I sold a few guns right after or just before I got married to have some extra cash on hand to be the financially responsible husband. I soon realized I had been foolish for having sold them. Had I put them away and never fired them again, their value likely would have at least remained the same or improved over the years and I could have sold them if and when I was desperate for money and not just wanting to be the good provider, which I was, regardless of my having sold them. As it turned out, I replaced a few of them with other guns at higher cost for lesser quality on some - an example being my Remington 870 Express that took the place of the Remington 870 Wingmaster I sold when I got married. That was a big mistake maybe even crazy!

Then I have sold some firearms that I just did not like and others so I would have money to buy new ones. I miss them all now and wish I had never sold them. Despite that feeling that I had done something not so smart, or the feeling of missing guns I had sold, I later sold additional ones after already having experienced that feeling of firearms seller's remorse. So, I came to wonder if I am a nut for even considering selling more of them because each time I sell them I get that feeling I should not have done so. I have heard that a lot of others who sell guns feel likewise.

All the best,
Glenn B

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I'd be inclined to say if he had come out shortly after going "if i WERE to sell some of my guns HERE THEY ARE!!"

However he hasn't he's played nicely so there is no rule circumvention. I think you're just reading too far into it RayKnobs!!

·
Banned
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Wow, look at that, I now have 50 posts (51 with this one) and now can sell things on this forum. I still don't have any guns for sale, am still only thinking about it. I may post some ammo for sale though, but that has to wait until next time. I have got to run.

All the best,
GB

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
let me dumb it down for you dstrukto

How to circumvent the rules

When people don't have enough posts to sell an item in the classifieds they make other posts that indicate they have a firearm for sale.
i.e.
"i am thinking of selling my gun" or "what is my gun worth"

now go look at post #4

See how it works
I'm not sure if you are trying to be insulting or not so I'll assume not.

A guy on here with 49 posts (where it was when I looked) can go to the new members section, post "Welcome" once and then sell stuff, I think he was trying to get opinions to see if other members had sold firearms and regretted it or had a story to tell about accidentally parting with an expensive firearm, assuming the worst of all new members isn't a good way to welcome them to the forum, it isn't like he posted pictures and said "I'm thinking of selling this AR as pictured for $1050 am I crazy? Email is [email protected]"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts