New York Firearms Forum banner

I'm considering buying a Chieftain MBT

537 views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Repeal_The_S.A.F.E._Act 
#1 · (Edited)
When I have the money of course (sometime in the far future), I'm considering buying a Chieftain Main Battle Tank.

Stats: Chieftain tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can buy these bad boys for about $50,000USD, and get them shipped here for about $8,000USD. The thing is, so long as the gun is de-milled, you have lights, turn signals, and mirrors, it is completely legal to own, and even drive one of these beasts (well, maybe not, but you are allowed to take it to the gas station and drive it in parades). Parts are in good supply, and the Chieftain is a popular entry-level tank for many enthusiasts.

The best part? 8 MPG-and it weighs 55 tons! Take that Hummer drivers! xD

The look on some of my neighbors faces would be hilarious (it would be parked on my own property in a garage), and driving this thing to the gas station here in the Bronx would be downright comedy gold. In a parade, this thing would be the star of the show.

Now, if you're looking for something that is completely street-legal to drive around town, look no further than the Sabre Light tank.

Sabre (tank) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This little guy goes for about $14,000-28,000USD, and is completely street-legal to drive around town, or go to the grocery store.

The difference between a man and a boy is the price of the toy!
"She said 'It's me or the Tank'" - A man in a tank

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Would it need to be registered as an AW?

I was in the Canadian Militia ( like the National Guard ) and our unit was Armored Recon and had Cougars . A 6 wheeled armored vehicle that predated the Stryker.
Got a lot of attention driving those around.
Of course, being Canada, our normal training was done using Jeep CJ7s as a cost effective vehicle.

Your Chieftan looks like it will be a blast

AVGP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia#

#12 ·
Can I drive it to the rallys??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.