1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I always carry at weddings, but considering how much I'll be hugged, etc I may not carry at my own wedding in June (unless I can get my hands on the P938 I want beforehand). I'm not real worried about it though because I know a bunch of other attendees will be carrying. And one of your fellow officers will be there so he may be carrying as well.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
the only time i dont carry where im legally aloud to is when i know a bunch of my friends that will be carrying are there lol

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
And what if they're all thinking the same thing?
its usually discussed before hand ,ya know how girls call eachother up and are like" what are you wearing tonight??" well guys do the same thing but its more like " what gun are you carrying tonight??"

lol

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
'Does this IWB make me look fat?'

But yes, I carry everywhere I can every time I can.
It creeps me out when other CCW folk come up with 'well I don't carry at the grocery store/church/mikkey d's/wherever. Why would you even ever need it there?' type stuff.

I'd WAY rather have and not need as opposed to need and not have and can't grasp how a lotta folk don't get it.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yup. I carry everywhere I go now that I am no longer in college classes. If I can't carry there, I avoid it like the plague. I own a store in Sayre, PA now, so that makes it nicer too. (Plus, I can keep normal capacity magazines down here, hehe.) I also hate when people tell me they don't think they will need a gun somewhere, so they don't carry. How the heck do you know when you will need a gun? Psychic powers?

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I also hate when people tell me they don't think they will need a gun somewhere, so they don't carry. How the heck do you know when you will need a gun? Psychic powers?
So that means when they do carry, they think they'll need their gun? I wouldn't go anywhere that I thought I'd need a gun to defend myself.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
So that means when they do carry, they think they'll need their gun? I wouldn't go anywhere that I thought I'd need a gun to defend myself.
i agree

man, i need to get a smaller piece so i can carry more often.
( i hope my wife sees this thread, key word is need : )

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
When I do get my carry permit I'm going to carry everywhere I possibly can, because as people here have said, no one knows when they are going to need it, I could get knifed walking to my car in the morning before work, I could get jumped by some gang for no good reason while doing my laundry at the laundry-mat, even if I am not directly affected by something, with a proper weapon I could defend myself or someone in danger, some druggy maniac is beating his girlfriend? And I'm talking to the point where it looks like a call to the cops is going to be 2 minutes too late to avoid SERIOUS injury, damn right I would get involved, and if he comes at me I will be protected should I feel that the police aren't going to get there in time to stop him from hurting me, and I WILL protect myself.

There is not a place in the world where you MIGHT need a gun for protection, and there is also no where in the world where a gun would never be needed for protection.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I do. If it's a place I can't carry, I generally don't go. Post office and Banks are about it.

I even had it on an ankle holster at my own wedding, and had an awkward moment when being entered into Freemasonry.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I could defend myself or someone in danger, some druggy maniac is beating his girlfriend?
I have thought about this same thing and it's a tough call for me. Only because I've seen first hand, a couple in a knock down drag out brawl, and when the guy took a beating from some bystanders the girl (who had a black eye and bloody mouth) was screaming to the LEO's that responded that these guys beat her boyfriend for no reason. You shoot the guy and she's liable to be a witness at YOUR trial not his. It really depends on a wide range of variables. Other witnesses, her condition, his size, whether the moon is full, and if the north star is visable. Just something to think about, and as I said it's probably only in my head because of what I saw first hand.

Oh and I do carry everywhere. (legal)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority, I carry very infrequently generally. I also have never carried a BUG and don't own a Bug out Bag or a SHTF kit.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Well if someone would tell Erie county to hurry up and not put restrictions on my permit id be carrying every day.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
What banks are an issue?
IDK, when the clerk gave me my permit she said not to carry in banks. IDK if that's an incorrect assumption based on the federal connection that banks have.

Does NY take a stance on it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts