New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I have been noticing a trend when someone is selling something some mark it sold just in the post,not the header.....This DOES NOT close it out......Go to edit post,click advanced and close it that way.....The Mod's can then lock the thread and close it out all together.....It really is a simple process,that way the marketplacecategories aren't flooded with items that have been sold and not closed out,making it MUCH easier to find items that are actually still for sale,trade or wanted....I'm sure the Mod's don't have time to leaf through and read every post,in every thread in order to close it out....It's easy,and responsible trading......Just sayin'........

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would do that if I could actually edit my freaking posts.

edit: well I can edit this and other newer posts but older ones no longer have that option. Is there some sort of time limit to when you are allowed to edit?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do that if I could actually edit my freaking posts.

edit: well I can edit this and other newer posts but older ones no longer have that option. Is there some sort of time limit to when you are allowed to edit?
Just re-fresh the page if it won't let you edit it the first time and try it again.....Works every time......
You can''t edit older posts because they are locked or closed out.....

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a simple PM to a mod with the link to the ad would be nice.
Exactly......That would be an easy way for a seller/trader to let you guys know,and it would also save you guys a lot of time...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Just re-fresh the page if it won't let you edit it the first time and try it again.....Works every time......
You can''t edit older posts because they are locked or closed out.....
This is not correct, or at least it wasn't in the past when I have sold items here. Unless things have changed, there is indeed a time limit after which posts can not be edited, even when they have not yet been locked or closed. In such cases I have just asked a mod to close it as BIll suggested, assuming they had not already caught it and closed it without needing to ask.

One change I believe would be good for the site, for which I am almost certain there is an option in the forum software, would be to allow users to lock their own threads in the marketplace section. I'm very familiar with forum software (I just don't know what vBulletin version is being used here), but typically this option can be set specifically to individual forum sections. So, users would not be able lock their own threads in other sections, only marketplace threads. This practice is in common use on some of the bigger forums and might save the Mods some hassle.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
After a certain length of time you cant edit posts anymore thats why its a trend.

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
I go through and close posts over 30 days old. But stuff newer than that we can close if someone gives us a heads up.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a certain length of time you cant edit posts anymore thats why its a trend.
You can't post or edit because it is closed...!

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Isn't it in the marketplace rules to click the report button on the OP if the item has been sold and you can't edit.

A simple reading of the rules would solve this thread pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
15 days to edit. after that either report the post or pm a mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts