New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Phew! Good thing they banned those! Could easily fit in a pocket!

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I made one as close as I could to one while staying NY legal, so I'd say yes if I could I would, I make one out of a cheapo so I don't end up with a 700 dollar 12 gauge nub.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
If you built one from a pistol grip only shotgun with the proper paper work making it an aow federally and a pistol in NY, i think you could do it legally... trouble is getting a chief leo to sign off on it and a judge to put it on your permit lol

· Registered
216 Posts
Yeah.. I made one of those when i was 16... got pulled over for loud exhaust at 17, with the handle stickin out from under the seat, and well, yeah... Thank God I didn't end up with a felony.. The sheriff liked it, and they realized I was just a dumb farmboy tryin to be cool.. after payin a lawyer I got out of it with a conditional. Been a good boy ever since.. haha.. Thing was a blast, but a handfull! And def not worth the headache in this not so free state..lol

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Yeah.. I made one of those when i was 16... got pulled over for loud exhaust at 17, with the handle stickin out from under the seat, and well, yeah... Thank God I didn't end up with a felony.. The sheriff liked it, and they realized I was just a dumb farmboy tryin to be cool.. after payin a lawyer I got out of it with a conditional. Been a good boy ever since.. haha.. Thing was a blast, but a handfull! And def not worth the headache in this not so free state..lol
Sounds like this was awhile ago, pretty sure cops are quite a bit harder on people for that stuff now.

· Registered
537 Posts
I'd absolutely love one, and a mad max holster to go with it for open carry when I'm not in populated areas. But alas, that will never happen in our state.

My cousin has one in the free state of Alaska, and it's an essential tool when he's out camping in the wilderness. He's fired it at least once to scare off a bear that came to the camp after his half wolf dog dragged back a kill. He carries it out of the top of his pack so he can draw quickly if confronted by angry wildlife.

The 870 is nice too, and if the SHTF mine would probably get converted to such a piece for maximum defense in close quarters.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
If you built one from a pistol grip only shotgun with the proper paper work making it an aow federally and a pistol in NY, i think you could do it legally... trouble is getting a chief leo to sign off on it and a judge to put it on your permit lol
Even if you could get it signed it would not pass the weight restrictions. Am I right?

· Registered
2,099 Posts
You can have an AOW here in NY. I have yet to see someone successfully complete the task yet though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.