New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bald eagle in crosshairs of US fight over lead bullets - Yahoo! News

Really? Ban lead from bullets? I doubt if some kind of law was passed that it would specify birdshot, most likely the Nazis would ban all lead bullets and we would be stuck shooting expensive steel shot waterfowl rounds out of our shotguns, no rifles or pistols allowed, lets hope these dumbasses get put down quickly.

Edit: I forgot that it already applies to birdshot so yes this law would cover ALL bullets.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
lead has been in this country from the start I dont think the eagles waited till now to get sick from it -.-

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I am not sure how I feel about this. One the one hand banning it will raise our costs which I dont want. One the other hand it does cause medical issues in people as well. I guess I think the Eagle thing is BS but can see the benefits to switching to something else. If anything at this point I think it should be voluntary.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am not sure how I feel about this. One the one hand banning it will raise our costs which I dont want. One the other hand it does cause medical issues in people as well. I guess I think the Eagle thing is BS but can see the benefits to switching to something else. If anything at this point I think it should be voluntary.
It would suck... It already costs enough money to sight in a slug gun.. imagine if the slugs weren't made out of lead

As for banning it for sport shooting that would be insane.. ive never seen any animals eating the lead bullets out of the berms at the range.. EVER

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I havent seen them eating it either. Granted it can get into the water and then the food supply but that has nothing to do with the bullets themselves. It has everything to do with ranges and shooting areas.

I can imagine now lol they would require that instead of lead they be made out of silver because silver is anti microbial lol.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
THIS is clearly an attempt to force hunters to give up their guns, because that extra $15 spent on ammo might make them not be able to afford their next helicopter hog hunting trip, tracer bullets and a new set of night vision goggles while trying to bag HOGZILLA. Or the license and fees to the state to hunt. I mean come on, $15 is going to BREAK hunters. Trail cameras arent cheap, camo gear, bait plots, corn piles, licenses, guides, four wheelers, I mean come on, that extra $15 is clearly an attempt to take their fun and guns away. Clearly this is a liberal agenda. What if they can't afford to hire a guide to kill a grizzly this year? That $15 might mean they can't afford to lease hunting land.....my god people! Can't you see how this is going to destroy hunting and take away all the guns in the land?
My God, nobody tells you what pan to make a grill sandwitch in. Shut up.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I think lead is about as much a "real" issue as global warming. More excuses to further an unrelated adgenda.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Only liberals can demonize an (almost) inert metal!

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
I can imagine now lol they would require that instead of lead they be made out of silver because silver is anti microbial lol.
Copper alloys are now recognized as antimicrobial too. Have to switch to Barnes? ;)

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS LIKE USING SILVER!! Geez!! Hahaha ... Secondly, I smell some serious poo in this law!! The gun club I belong to has the shooting range on one side of the road about 3000' from the Hudson River. The river side of the road we use for camping, fishing, bow hunting only and there are pavilions for events like family gatherings or graduation parties and such. Very nice area!! With that said, There is a Bald Eagle nest about 1/2 mile from the club AND there it another on the club property!! Considering those nests have been occupied for years and the Hudson has been contaminated with PCB's and the EPA has been dredging the Hudson (against the wishes of all whom live near the Hudson) the Bald Eagle has managed to survive here and I've even witnessed a couple of them catching the fish from the river. I highly doubt that their reasoning for this ban on lead bullets has a damn thing to do with Bald Eagles!!!!

This is the site to the gun club I belong to.

http://stillwaterrodandgun.org/

Scroll down the front page and you'll see a pic of an eagle that was taken in front of the club shoreline!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Cant we just ban something boring instead like plastic bottles? They arent good for the earth either

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Someone should ask them where the lead came from to begin with...
Yeah. Why isn't St. Joe State Park, a former lead mine that still has lots of lead ore, some of which is actually exposed, a state park open to the public instead of a sealed contamination site similar to what we'd see in Chernobyl?

·
Banned
95 Posts
Blindness like this causes gun control

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Another funny thing about all this is that lead on its own is perfectly safe. Some of the compounds it forms are what's dangerous. That's true for a lot of heavy metals, gold included.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts