New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the wonderful mayor believes in common sense gun control here in nyc," yea right"what is the law for a rifle? it can not be a firearm if there is no bolt in it right? thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
theoretically as far as new york city goes a stripped reciever if considered a firearm, and its ownership is by permit only

this goes for semi auto and bolt

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
NYPD - Permits

here is info on permit process from the horses mouth

it has to be done in queens at court house (or at least used to be)

there is some discrepency in the forms so good luck with that (its also unconstitutional to forbid person under 21 arms based soley on age but whatever)

·
Registered
241 Posts
technically if it can't be fired it should only be a bat........ carry a base ball with it and you should have it covered.

·
Registered
720 Posts
geeeesh, and these are the same people who say it's going to far to simply show an ID when voting. If you decided to become a criminal you could own any gun you want with zero paperwork....wow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks everyone . i for one won"t count on the nypd to protect me when all hell breaks out.i can hear 911 now ,we are very busy as soon as we can well send someone.yea right

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
unless the gun is destroyed to atf spec, like cutting the reciever up. it is still a firearm regardless if you are missing pieces. You need an FFL to buy a stripped lower right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts