New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't want to go on a watch list for buying ammo? Don't want to pay transfer fees on already inflated ammo? Want to try reloading before buying all the equipment? I want nothing in return I just want to help. I have most common caliber dies so all you need is your own supplies. Wether it's one round to try it out or 1000. I have 8yrs exp in reloading I will share, just pm me we'll figure out a good time for both us. I live in buffalo obviously you would have to come to me. Again I want nothing in return other than to help out a brother in arms. I have all the equipment just bring your own supplies.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This ammo check and fee b.s. Really struck a nerve with me so if I can keep one name off that registry it will make me happy. Well two names off the registry because my name sure as hell isn't going on it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Don't want to go on a watch list for buying ammo? Don't want to pay transfer fees on already inflated ammo? Want to try reloading before buying all the equipment? I want nothing in return I just want to help. I have most common caliber dies so all you need is your own supplies. Wether it's one round to try it out or 1000. I have 8yrs exp in reloading I will share, just pm me we'll figure out a good time for both us. I live in buffalo obviously you would have to come to me. Again I want nothing in return other than to help out a brother in arms. I have all the equipment just bring your own supplies.
I have a bunch of brass that I picked up at the range: .223, .45, and 9mm. I don't reload so maybe someone coming to your place could use this stuff? I could box it up and ship it over.....

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
That's awesome. I may take you up on that in the next couple months. Thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a bunch of brass that I picked up at the range: .223, .45, and 9mm. I don't reload so maybe someone coming to your place could use this stuff? I could box it up and ship it over.....
That would be great! I have the dies for all three so I guarantee they would get used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is outstanding..I wish you were closer..just starting to get into reloading myself. Thank you for offering the assistance

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Reloading is the way to go, I've been doing it for almost 30yrs. Almost all the rounds I shoot are reloads, excluding shotgun.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That would be great! I have the dies for all three so I guarantee they would get used.
I've swapped PM's with Daa Bills and I'll be sending him the brass. He pledged to give it all away to people who take him up on his offer. I figure I'm sending prob 1200 or so .223 cases and about as many of a 45/9mm mix.

Free brass, free use of equipment, and a helping hand from Daa Bills...... sounds like a pretty good deal

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reloading is the way to go, I've been doing it for almost 30yrs. Almost all the rounds I shoot are reloads, excluding shotgun.
Especially now with bgc's and all the other bs. Want a challenge Loki even for a 30 yr vet? Try reloading 5.7x28 fn, huge PITA!! I want to start casting my own soon. Nothing like having a lead foundry in the basement.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've swapped PM's with Daa Bills and I'll be sending him the brass. He pledged to give it all away to people who take him up on his offer. I figure I'm sending prob 1200 or so .223 cases and about as many of a 45/9mm mix.

Free brass, free use of equipment, and a helping hand from Daa Bills...... sounds like a pretty good deal
VERY cool of you both!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
This ammo check and fee b.s. Really struck a nerve with me so if I can keep one name off that registry it will make me happy. Well two names off the registry because my name sure as hell isn't going on it.
I think the SAFE Act definitely struck a nerve with many of us on one or more aspects of it. I think what I am most teed off about is in the manner it was past. Kinda like a Midnight Move so to speak.

I will keep an eye out for any brass I can scrounge when I am at the range and pass it along for the project.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I am in the market for a turret press.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am in the market for a turret press.
I've been trying force myself into dropping the coin on one but so much of what I do requires a single stage that I've just become used to it. But for beginners single stage is best. Not saying your a beginner just anyone reading who is thinking about giving it a try

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Thats awesome of you guys!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts