New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bailed out of state after the battle was lost. Live across the border in PA now.

I have a friend still in NY that wants to buy some ammo from me. Whatever happened with the ammo background provision in SAFE? Still in effect?

Can I drop this off to him in NY without being a potential baby-killing felon? Was that just for dealer sales or FTF too? Or should I just avoid the NYstapo and have him meet me in PA?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems that provision is unfunded and non-functional?

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
I bailed out of state after the battle was lost.
You bailed before the battle started! We may or may not win, but its far from being over at this point.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You bailed before the battle started! We may or may not win, but its far from being over at this point.
Battle lost. War may be starting, but the battle was definitely lost.

Thanks for the input fellas.

·
Registered
753 Posts
ammo sales will require background check in 2014 (not sure the exact date). I wonder what wallyworld will charge for the nics check.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So, when I hit Okemo this winter, I will probably find a shop on my route to buy some ammo from so I don't have to pay for a NICS check. Ammo surplus magically in NY, and a shortage everywhere else! Oh man....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
ammo sales will require background check in 2014 (not sure the exact date). I wonder what wallyworld will charge for the nics check.
Ammo alone will not require a NICs - it will require some type of system that is still being built by the NYSP. Sellers that are not FFLs have to register with the NYSP to get access to the magic system, but since there are no requirements to become an ammo seller and no authority for the NYSP to set any restrictions, then I do not see why any person could not register as an ammo seller and do their own ammo check.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
My B&M store here on LI basically said he won't be selling ammo anymore. Not worth the headache for him. Wasn't there talk of this being unfunded, though?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts